Anyone else interested in a 90mm version of the West Wings Hawk?

John Hannaford

Hi Folks,

Just a quick straw poll to see if anyone else would like to build a bigger version of the WW35 West Wings BAe Hawk.

I have asked them directly myself, but their response was that they needed more interest from their distributors. I interpret that as a demand from the buying public for the product to be relayed to the distributors and then to West Wings.

So come on chaps lets buy British and put it together ourselves!

Cheers

John

Advert

CS, agree with the Harrier, but only the earlier ones, upto GR5, After that it became a real reliability pain, overweight, underpowered and at the end not liked by most her flew her. The concept is missed, but not later developed aircraft. I'm glad its gone and the Typhoon is much more capable and pilot friiendly.

I really like the Harrier, mainly thanks to her Duxford Autumn air show appearance in 2005, my first airshow. She was first up, and was simply incredible and blew the rest away. I've seen Tornados, Typhoons, Spitfires, and many many other planes including the Vulcan, yet nothing has entertained me more than the Harrier (I haven't seen Concorde fly). I wish there was still one flying in the UK, there's one flying privately in the USA and the US marines still use AV8's, but naturally the CAA jumps in the way, like that they won't let an EE Lightning fly either (perhaps because it can out-climb any plane in the RAF...)

I actually miss them and wish the RAF had continued with them. The Typhoon is good, but the Harrier inspires me much more, and it doesn't need loads of computers to keep it up!

CS

Yes, Count me in for a 90mm diameter Fan version of the WW Hawk, I realy like the quality of the West Wings kits, I have seen the original sized Hawk and for me it is too fast for the area I fly in, perhaps the larger version would have a lesser wing loading.

Thanks for the personal thoughts on the other Great British Jet Aircraft, however, I was a little confused with the discussion on small wing spans??

Cheers

regards to all,

Al

Posted by Alexander Thomson on 21/03/2013 17:57:08:

Thanks for the personal thoughts on the other Great British Jet Aircraft, however, I was a little confused with the discussion on small wing spans??

Just a rather dim person who didn't realise that, while all other models are described by span it seems that ducted fan models are measured by fan diameter.