60-size trainer

john melia 1

AAARRGGGHHHHH i wanna fly , still haven't flown the sedona yet .........................face 8

been getting stacks of practise with phoenix take off landings , circuits , and can do them with my eyes shut (virtually speaking) i've also made the model on phoenix difficult to fly so ........................................

whats the vote on me just taking it out and flying it as i do on phoenix ?????????????

hi cymaz , no update as yet , although i'm hoping i might get out later on today , if the weather improves , its rainy and windy here at the moment , hope i get a text from colin later on , i really need to get this thing up in the air , the more i think about it the more i feel i am capable of just flying it myself ..............

but i dont want to be over confident and the only yardstick i can compare with is phoenix as stated in my last post wink

i have made the model on the sim as difficult as i can to fly , and i fly it quite good , i've also introduced wind of varing magnitude to ty to replicate the weather up here on the northeast coast .

John, forgive me if you have already explained this but can't you get someone (ie an experienced flyer) to at least help you with the maiden flight? It would increase your chances of sucess enormously! Phoenix is very good and you can learn an awful lot from it - I practice new moves on it myself regularly - but we have to face the fact that, good as it is, it is not same as actually flying in the real world!

BEB

hi beb yes i'm waiting for colin to come back , this is a guy whom i met via buying the wildcard 3d off a few month back , he is very experienced at flying all sorts of weird and wonderful aircraft , at present he is away for his wifes birthday , but hopefully will be back later today.

totally agree with you about the sim and real world flying , this i the only thing that has stopped me taking it out smile o i do feel confident enough though to do a few circuits , with an experienced guy to take it off , trim it , and land it for the first time .

I'm going to video it when it does eventually happen................. so watch this space smiley

Ah, that's good - really pleased you will have someone with you. The combination of a good trainer, experience on the sim and helpful experienced flyer means you will be fine!

There are two schools of thought on the question of nylon bolts - personally I think they are good idea for beginners and can help to ensure that a heavy landing doesn't end up as a major repair!

BEB

i had to keep it up high in case anything went pete tong , just to give peter time to nab the tx , i gave it back to him because my legs were actually shaking crook wish i'd never stopped all those years ago , its the best buzz i've had in a long long time .

need to practise practise practise now .

haha dunno cymaz just my age i think , but what was worrying me was while i practised on the sim , i had nothing to compare it with , so i found the model on the sim quite easy to fly , and was wondering at that time whether or not the actual model would be as easy , well now that i've had the opportunity to fly it , the model on the sim is basically the same , once i had set similar weather patterns up , and made the sim model more difficult to fly .

Can't wait to get back out cheeky

No olly the reciever i bought to go in it ... an orange 7 channel and satelite , wouldn't even power up , so i've sent it back to hobbyking , i'm going to go get another one tomorrow from brc models , which is quite close to me.

I'll let you know how i get on with it hopefully over the weekend