Great weather all round - FEB 16

Well it was damned cold down here in Kent today but cloudless and sunny so we just had to get down to the patch. I was flying the M'plex Twister and buddy Steve had his new Bobcat for it's second flight. He's converted the model to electric power and it went very well on a 5S pack. I took some shots and hopefully he'll oblige with a little write up very soon.  Anyway, what did you get up to this weekend, tell us what you flew....

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/rcflyer1963/IMG_1368.jpg

Advert

Hi, went flying yesterday for first time this year with my brother and friend who taught us both to fly.it was great to be back in the saddle. My friends grandson, Trevor showed us just what can be done with a helicoptert, he is amazing, after three very happy hours the wind chill drove us off the strip - a good day out!

Bit strange seeing your Spacewalker picture Andy....bit of luck you didn't have a mid air with my mates Gemini.........Very nice pictures going on this thread...!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii216/YTSpitfire/Gemini.jpg

I flew my Acrowot on Wednesday and going up for a stall turn, it vanished into some low mist rolling in across the marshes that I hadn't seen coming..!..I opened the tap and climbed out of the top of it into the blue sky above..!...I actually flew until 17:45 that afternoon quite comfortably....Roll on the clocks changing for those evening sessions....

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii216/YTSpitfire/oct200720179.jpg

wo great pics guys,

last week i maidened my new extana and found out exactly how overpowered it was the hard way!!

took off on 1/3 throttle, climbed out to a nice height flew it round for a bit on 1/2 throttle.

then i opened up the taps and the exeleration was so great that it ripped the rudder off!!!

now im not sure if anybody has tried this but landing a plane without a tailplane really is not for the faint hearted!!

anyway all fixed up now and ready to fly again another day.

Unfortunately was unable to go to the field this weekend. Spent the hole of saturday trying to sort out work problems on my Lesotho diamond project site.

The whole day Sunday spent working on my new model workshop but ran out of steam by 2:30 so cracked open some good SA wine & chilled in the front garden (nice & warm,sunny) Ceiling now up ready for painting. Then to tidy up so can get started on my Typhoon.

Oh, the tribulations of life in Africa.