Aldershot club chit chat

Advert

Hi Guys

Looking forward to seeing you all and having a much needed fly, had an op on a prolapsed bowel last tuesday, never had so much pain

so need a day flying in the nice weather with no pain

Think i will have to take after Jeff and be a fair weather flyer

Thanks for the good wishes Steve i will have to get back to keep you in check devil

Posted by mick pemberton on 13/01/2014 10:38:33:

Hi Guys

Looking forward to seeing you all and having a much needed fly, had an op on a prolapsed bowel last tuesday, never had so much pain

so need a day flying in the nice weather with no pain

Think i will have to take after Jeff and be a fair weather flyer

Thanks for the good wishes Steve i will have to get back to keep you in check devil

Maybe we could get an op like that for Steve .S might stop talking out his nether regions for 5 minutes laugh!

Hope you make a quick recovery Mick yes

I dont think there is any way we could stop SS being SS apart from dressing him up as a pheasent and plonking him in the middel of the strip tomorrow LOL

I went down today and although encouraged by a senior member of the committee to fly although its a shoot tomorrow decided to walk round the big field instead.I then spent some time cutting back the foliage that is threatening to engulf the bridge The game keeper did come mouching around so good job I thought better of rebelling.

After a number of unfortunate delays I managed to get to the strip just in time to catch jeff at the end of the long drive from the farm and collect Barrys Mosquito from him.Bigger than I remember.Everyone was packing up when I arrived and I had unfortunately missed a recovering Mike but was a ble to have aquick chat with Ray ,whose wife is in a bad way.Pleased he managed to get to the field for a quick flight.I was readying my T180 when I noticed a crack at the join of the vertical stabiliser to fuselage.When I wiggled it as you do.,the whole thing was hanging off.I had brought my unflown Harmon Rocket but as my expert flyer had left it was left for me to do my first maiden flight.As Ive had previous Harmon Rockets I know how they fly and felt better prepared.The receiver had the previous Rocket settings as well but Ive only flown my T180 for the last few months because of my ops.The grass is a bit long wet and sticky draggy but i was up for a challenge.The wheels are a bit small for the grass conditions and it needed plenty of backwards and forward pushes to taxi the model.I gave it the gun and it soared into the air perfectly,neede right clicks and was of course far more responsive than my T180 but I still have a big smile on my face.The landing was ok but the grass grabbed the u/c but no problem.Ive achieved my first maiden at last,.

Met Mike Pemberton yesterday and it was goode to see him recovering from his operation and we had a good chat and flights Mike is always so helpful and its good to be with such a good and humble flyer picking tips up constantly.Mark Evans was also there but kept to himself on the otherside of the field.It was a good day but windy but had no problems with any flights