Aldershot club chit chat

Pity you weren’t there this afternoon DC , it was just perfect for flying ,and it was also warm surprise. As it was, there was only three of us there to enjoy the conditions , I had four good flights with the Wot 4 artf that was refurbished after an "unexpected " landing back in September ,the last time I did any flying ,so today was a real joy !smiley

Congratulations on a successful Maiden flight of the Acrowot.I went Saturdat but had some problems culminating in taking my wing mount off.Im not having a very good start to the year,and not sure why.The Travel Air has a dreadful left pull and not sure of the cause,and the Harmon Rocket keeps trying to self destruct but I will persevere.

Peter Proud told me he knew where there was a Harmon Rocket for sale.Minutes later mine carried out a kamakazee manouvre on take off throwing itself on the ground upside down in a right tantrum.It had been misbehaving and didnt want to fly.As I picked up the bits,I asked how much £200 came back,im repairing it.

Woh ! bad day at the office Steve surprise think that left thumb needs a good talking to !

Dave ,congrats on getting the Acrowot in the air at last ,BTW if you looking to kinfe edge the Acro there's a bit more to it than Myron has suggested , the Acro has a roll/pitch coupleing IIRC with right rudder it pitches down rolls left you need to balance all the control inputs for straight and level knife edge  flight smiley

Edited By jeff2wings on 11/04/2013 21:55:18

Hi Jeff, I'm looking for a nice quiet week day to get down to the field so I can get my confidence back as I've only flown 10 mins since jan 4th and I think EVERYONE will get down the field over this weekend and that doesn't appeal to me, although it would be good to catch up with all the guys.

so I'm not asking for a lot, a sunny, non windy week day, how hard can that be ?

Thanks for letting us know your a trainer, it would be good to get up with you at some point, can you only make weekends ?