Aldershot club chit chat

Thats a superb workshop Jeff.It was good to see you yesterday at Blackbushe.It was also awesome to watch Steve fly his Bandit and to at last catch up with Mike and his Peugeot 205v news.it was the first time really I had earnt enough money to buy a new Model at Blackbushe but couldnt find what I was looking for,Back to E bay then

Thanks for nice comments Steve ,only had to wait 40 years for my dream workshop LOL !laugh Had a good day Sunday , had some good flights with th Phalz and wot 4 let Mike P have a go with wot 4 think he may buy a new one as his flys like a jelly compared to mine ! Have decided to sell a few of my models at some point thinking BTW I now have a buddy-box setup ,if you would like I can give you some "check flghts" with your models to get you back into the swing (or in the case of the rocket not !) of things yes

Thanks jeff but I feel comfortable for you to fly any of my models without me buddying for you.Ive bought a Precedent T180 which needs a maiden to get back into things .Its in lovely condition and is fitted with a Lazer 90.Should be fun to fly.I need to get a plug for the glow socket which may possibly be Flair.The Bullit is coming along well

Hi Jeff,Ive found the necessary clevises and its gone well.Steve Webb have posted me a glow extension so hopefully I can bring the T180 on Sunday also..Ive connected the rudder and elevator and also the steerable nose wheel ,I need to connect the throttle but thats just sliding it into the servo,and set up the ailerons.Also fit the canopy and cowling,so not much to do.

Hi guys, I must apologise for my lack of attendance at the field for quite some time. Mick may have mentioned that I have been able to secure 2 part time jobs, the first at Sainsburys has taken quite a bit of my time as they have had me working full time hours while they have been training me, and now that is coming to an end, my part time hours will include me working Sundays 2pm - 9pm, so that rules those days out, and the same hours on a thu.

Sadly,Gill has also been unwell since feb and that will continue for the rest of the year, so time for hobbies has and will be ruled out.

if you also add in it takes me 1.25 hours to load the van and drive down to the club ad then to unload all my stuff and actually get flying, then the same to get home, it doesn't leave much time for flying. To get better at flying, I really need 1 to 2 days stick time per week, but given th cost of fuel and time to get there and back, and then when I get there there is a cross wind or the wind is blowing too strong and I can't then take off or land, and all I'm left with is flying in 400m x 200 yard box we are allowed to fly in due to our neighbour, and there's not a lot left for me do or to enjoy.

so what for the future, I don't know, I can't get into slough because they have height restrictions to get to the field that I don't meet, Harlington fly mainly helis which only leaves Kempton as a viable option for me to be able to get to and get some decent flying time, plus the weather has been not very nice this year, if you add all these factors together, my enthusiasm has dived, excuse the pun. I shan't mention the man at Aldershot who tells me off every time I'm at the field, I didn't realise there was soo much to do wrong, even my trainers are the wrong colour, anyway, enough rambling for now, these are the reasons you haven't seen me for a while, who knows what will happen in the future

Dave

Thanks for bringing us up to date Dave,your one of the nicer members so Ive missed seeing you.It was to windy today so didnt attempt to fly,I think jeff had already left.Didnt stay long it was bitterly cold.The result of the ww comp was Steve Stutchbury 1st,Ray Cox 2nd and Tubbykins Andy 3rd,i wouldve come forth but didnt have a model.Steve covered all options and flew 4 models but won with his Spitfire.