Aldershot club chit chat

Advert

Yes I am Mike.After you left I flew Radio Queen.I found a long enough pole and the paddle in the stream was very refreshing.I spent last evening on the T180 and hope ive cured it will find out shortly.Not one tree is moving this morning.Poor Mrs Coombes was stung on the lip by a wasp when she drank from a can..They were dreadful yesterday,must be a nest close by.

Today for our club is special but not in the best way.We are having an official noise test with the BMFA and Barristers in attendance.The company carrying out the test have already carried out tests on our behalf successfully.This is all to do with a complaining neighbour,who complais the moment a car parks in the carpark.From all tests carried our of several months there was 1 model that stood out noisier than all others.The particular guy flew alone and his models checked.However his noise level was 52db.Bird song was measured at 55db.Chinoukes flying over are 72db.

We have been told we have nothing to worry about and that our noise levels are below usual countryside sounds

Today was a good day.Mike was on fine form and I just couldnt keep up with the banter.The serious business of noise nuisence seemed to go very well.We noise tested models first so the noise expert had a full record.We also dicovered our test distance rope was a metre short and noise tester read to high.1 very grumpy committee member had all 3 models fail and couldnt fly,only to discover they were all legal.However Mikes flying was impressive it must be he told me,many times.One take off was exceptional,battling against the wind I was in hysterics as he was so pathetic.My T180 failed once more and needs further investigation..Mike advised me to change my Bullet to tail dragger.Most had left when I prepared the model.It was out of balance on the u/c but when bent forward was cured.I started the engine and dicovered I had a lawn mower the prop cutting grass due to lack of clearence.I have a cunning plan.If I put big wheels on an increase the clearence by 1 inch that should do it.My silly grin time came as I flew my vintage low winger.Its fitted with an OS 26 4 stroke and considering its 3 channel changes direction superbly.Its an absolute joy to fly and my day ended perfectly

Had a great day today with Steve Ray and the boys,

Dont get me wrong i love the flying part of the day but its the guys that make this a special club .

I have been to many clubs that take it all far to seriousley ,in our area but they shall remain nameless

The banter is so funney we all know our limits and our flying standards (in Stevs case not very high)

and did i mention that i once came second in the scale flying bribery can be a fine thing

we will carry on to put the world to rights

Como Cleggy and Foggy

dont ask me whos who

Another good day at the field,only Pete Proud and myself .it was good to catch up with Pete.He left at 4.30 and I enjoyed some time stooging around with my Radio Queen into the evening.I always feel this flying is what aloud me to become a better flyer than Mike,so Im catching up whilst he is busy at work single handedly saving BA,