Aldershot club chit chat

I stopped opposite Popham Airfield yesterday on the A303 on the way to Andover.To my astonishment there was a Spitfire took off and flew for 10 minutes doing low passes and swooping up into rolls and loops..The Merlin sounded awesome and I was surprised how low the manouvres were carried out and also at a lower speed than I would have expected,I felt privaliged to watch such a skillful display.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive returned home from my op in hospital.Physio was tortureous mainly gfetting to stand onb my replacement knee and getting it ti bend.I arrived home Monday night and with exercise have improved dramatically.You have to make sure the pain killers have kicked in beforehand.Bruises on my leg from toes to top of thigh and yellowing all over.But Im the rtight side of things andif all goes well the other one in January

Great to hear that you're getting the knees fixed up, Stephen - when I saw you at the site earlier in the year things were clearly very difficult for you - so I hope the replacements will make life a bit easier. My old Dad had a knee replaced a couple of years ago and it made a huge difference for himthumbs up

Hope the recovery goes well!wink 2

Pete

Thanks David.Yes Im pleased with theway things are progressing and already when walking there is a vast improvement and less pain at theend of each walk.Im already walking twiceas far as I was able to pre op.\\\\\\\hopefully my left knee will bedone next January so I should be fully mobile next year.