Aldershot club chit chat

Hi D.C., I know how you feel, the previous couple of years I did very little flying due to personal circumstances i.e. illness, unemployment bad weather etc., and the fact you have to travel that much further to get here must add to your frustration, I think a look at some park fly models and finding a suitable open space may be an option? How about Cobham common.

Sorry you have had to be on the wrong end of you-know-who wisdom but there is always one ,the rest of us that have been with the club for some time have learned to take no notice of his ,er,opinions but it must be intimidating for a newbie ,even SG will tell you thatlaugh .Any way ,hope your wife returns to good health soon and find a suitable club nearer to you .

Steve didn’t go Sun as it was far too windy for my WW1 models, was it just the three of them?? Don’t see the point of running a comp with so few!! The bullet looks good, hope the build quality is better than others that Ripmax have sold in the past.

Hi Jeff,yes Im satisfied with the build quality and Steve Webb sent spare clevis although I didnt ask for them which was good.Yes there were only 3 and Steve flew 4 models so a total of 6 models altogether.I need your help.ive bought the T180 with the engine already in.Its sold to me as a 90,how can I tell what size it is.I looked at it yesterday cos the throttle was seized.Bit of heat soon had it working.It has a serial number one side and 50 on the other,In the paperwork with the T180 it recommends a 60 for towing

Hi Steve , DON'T PICNIC ! surprise er ,I mean panic first off let;s try and work out wot size laser you have , if the crankcase measures 40 mm width it's a 90 if it's 35mm it's a 70 OR it may be a 50 ?dont know where is the glow plug situated , on the front of the cylinder head or on top ??

Firstly jeff the carb is different to both of those.It has a simple needle valve with no restrainer clip one end and an adjuster the other with 2 retrainer clips.2nd the glow is at the front but angled forward so you cant use a glow stick because its in the way of the prop.The adjuster is right next to the silencer which is about 1 inch in diameter

Humm… well that depends, if it’s the same as the pic I posted last then it may very well be a 50 , the fact that it has 50 stamped on the case would suggest so , I say suggest because laser don’t as a rule mark up their engines , however the 50 is not a very common size and as such would appeal to collectors and would DEFENATLY sell for more than you paid for it .I would think about selling and buying something newer as the 50 was discontinued in 1990 and laser no longer have spare parts to service them.

As for adjusting the needle you may need to slacken of the locknut, also as the thread is quite fine it’s not overly sensitive ,hope that helps.

Edited By jeff2wings on 12/06/2013 21:14:00

That looks very nice Steve cool I have flown a couple of these in the past , not un-like a cub to fly , needs dif on ailerons or a little ail/rud mix that will make the turns more balanced .

I'm going to Greece to lay on a beach for a couple of weeks teeth 2teeth 2smile d so hope you are able to fly it by the time I get back !smile p

Fantastic days flying today,very warm no sun but very little wind.Maidened my Precedent T180 and its superb.Lovely model to fly and the Laser 50 is an excellant engine,love the combination and had 4 excellant flights.Also maidened the Bullet.Although Im not good at steering on the ground and its gonne take time to learn to take off with the trike u/c it cneeds room to rise.But what a fantastic model to fly.love it to bits.Smooth responsive and fast superb model,love it.And the icing on the cake was mny dear friend Mike Pemberton arrived so we were able to catch up and he flew the T180 also.