Limited Edition Durafly Vampire

Tony Read 2

Just noticed that Hobbyking are promoting a limited edition of their Vampire. Its in the markings of 112 Squadron and looks very smart. They are limited to 500 units and they say you can win one! teeth 2 Unfortunately the video runs out before they say how.crying 2

Cant find an image or embed the vid but it is on the HK home page.

Advert

Oh dear, will we ever run a thread on this forum about anything HK does which doesn't include someone taking a swipe at them?sad

Personally, I won't be bidding but I think it's a great initiative for a deserving cause - and we've even got our very own 'Prop' in the videosmile

Very nice looking model, that.....a bit more about it and the auction here.

Pete

I was not 'taking a swipe' at HK, perhaps you are over sensitive. I am a great fan of HK products with many orders (nice flying model too-I have one). I didn't hear the 'ALL the proceeds go..." Humble pie time, sorry!

I don't like to be picky but WZ507, the UK registered flying vampire is operated by the 'Vampire Preservation Group' (not Society), or not since 2009 as far as I am aware.

Surely some sort of prize draw would have raised more money. Something like, make a £10 donation for a chance of winning. Someone could win a plane for a tenner and I'm sure the number of entries would exceed the amount raise by one person who clearly has enough money to make a large donation but feels they need something in return to do so.

I sympathise, but don't take it personally

Its not just on here, its an inevitable consequence of the social media led world in general, where anyone, anywhere, can dash off a quick reply in seconds. Seems all you've got to do these days is say "I'm doing A", for peeps to pile in and say "no, you should have done B", or "why can't you do X, Y & Z aswell"

And tbh, I don't think a lot of that is meant as truly harsh criticism - its just spur of the moment comments

Edited By IanN on 20/04/2013 09:59:30

Another issue with social media is people get the wrong end of the stick. I was mearly suggesting a possible future idea that more people could get innvolved in. I have supported hobbyking on this forum and other forums and will continue to do so. I would just like to feel innvolved with my budget and before anyone suggests it I already donate to many charities without receiving anything in return.
So apolgies if it seemed negative I didn't mean to I just want to be innvolved.

Being involved is no more difficult than making a donation.......part of the benefit for the Vampire Preservation Group in terms of this project is the publicity via Social Media, hence I fail to see what possible contributions any negative comments make?

This aircraft is going though a major inspection right now and needs every penny it can raise......at the end of the day gents, the main beneficiary of keeping WZ507 flying is you, the British public.

How many model distributors do you see making donations to full size projects? Not many I reckon. Nice one Scott. thumbs up I hope it makes a pile.

Dav84's idea also has merit. A draw at say £10 or £20 a pop could well generate extra income for the fund when compared with a single donation. Possibly worth considering next time round?

Keep up the good work HK!

I believe its the Rougham show next week end. Whey-hey! teeth 2

I'm told that Hobbyking have got a stand there. Just a thought, how about a raffle for one of the HK silver Vampires? All proceeds to go to the VPG. How about it Scott & Co? If you like I could donate my unbuilt still boxed Vampire as the prize. Drop me a PM if you want me to bring it to the show.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

I read all the comments on here, then looked at the auction on the website; I choose not to bid because I havent got the money . I regardless have put donations to other causes as I choose to do within my means and would not badmouth any attempt to support such a venture. On that basis, I think that if this is supportive of keeping a Vampire flying then all for it.

I sense that a degree of perspective is needed and there are also some good suggestions on fundraising ( are we seeing volunteers?).

I also note that there are 499 alternative opportunities to get hands on one, and I like that, as I do like what has been done with the color scheme.

To the enhancements, has anything been done to strengthen the booms yet; I have two Vampires, one with stock and the other with upgraded ESC, CS 12 blade fan, Cyclone Power uber-motor etc, and both I have dismantled and re-assembled the booms with CF rods.

• 3 weeks later...