Paper Aviation Regal Eagle

• 5 years later...

Hi Folks,

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have acquired a boxed Paper Aviaition Regal Eagle kit. Not had a chance to examine it yet but think it maybe complete. The problem is, I have no idea what this "vintage" kit is worth. Any advice please? Thanks

I have both a Paper Aviation Ezee Pezee and a Maher's Thunderbird.

Ezee was electric until I used it as test bed for the Laser 62 I refurbished over Christmas and New Year. The Thunderbird has a Zenoah 26 which flies it just right; it's been flown a lot and is beginning to look a bit tatty.

I'm almost sure that the Ezee uses the same wing as the Regal Eagle and it was originally designed as a trainer for the designers wife. It is certainly easy to fly and quite as majestic in the air as it is ugly.

A 'new' untouched Regal Eagle kit is worth what someone is prepared to pay. I picked my Ezee up at the Nationals swap meet for very little part built. I'd put it on eBay with a starting price of £50 and see what happens. Perhaps delay the auction until near the start of the so-called building season (say September?).

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...