Giant Shark are Back

Hi Guys, after a quite period in the willderness we are back and getting bigger. as some of you may be aware we will have a trade persence at the Weston park show where you will be able to meet us and discuss over a purchase the way we are moving forward. Looking forward ot meeting you all

Advert

I have looked at your site a number of times in the recent past.

Although the posted prices were good, the stock level at zero was not.

I hope that being back means both stock and a good price.

I look forward to good experiencessmiley

Hi Guys, many thanks for the positive replies and of course your orders. The reason for the posting is we have kept quite a low profile on the web forums where our loyal customers and I thought it was about time we came forward to promote our bussiness and also give you guys a focal point to post and questions you may have and any issue if and when they arrise.wink

Presumably you won't take the entire range of items to the shows, so can we expect Galaxy kits to be there? Postage is expensive on these kits so it would be nice to buy them at a show. What other items will be available at shows?

What other shows will you attend?

I have used GS a lot but have had problems with stock levels lately so have had to look elsewhere. A particular example is heatshrink covering - I was given a date when this would be replenished but that date came and went some weeks ago- surely this is bread and butter stuff which has been given good reviews on this forum (me included) - but is no good if I can't buy it!!!

Stock levels have been an issue right back from the early days of Giant Cod, as popularity soared items would arrive in the morning and literally be gone by the end of that day. Rob always seemed somehow to keep the whole shebang on the road. Although, it became accepted, that once an item sold out, often it would never be restocked.

Once the brand morphed into Giant Shark, in my opinion, the coach lost its wheels, the wheel was turning, yet the hamster was dead (how I enjoyed writing those cliques). Yet it conveys how things changed, to the point, that Giant Shark would not be a starting point, nor second choice, virtually of my radar.

So get back to No1 on line sales company.

That's good to know... as my order arrived yesterday!

Good to see a Giant Shark representative on the forum.... I'm a great fan.... so it might be nice to have a name and a face? Especially if you are "Looking forward ot meeting you all"

Posted by kc on 04/06/2013 15:41:44:

Presumably you won't take the entire range of items to the shows, so can we expect Galaxy kits to be there? Postage is expensive on these kits so it would be nice to buy them at a show. What other items will be available at shows?

What other shows will you attend?

HI KC, we will have some if not all of the galaxy kits us if you let me know which one or ones you are after i can make sure that we bring them along thumbs up. the actual list of items we are going to bring along is still being worked on but we will try and bring along as much as we can in the vans, At present we have not decided on which other show we will visit

Posted by Erfolg on 04/06/2013 19:18:34:

Stock levels have been an issue right back from the early days of Giant Cod, as popularity soared items would arrive in the morning and literally be gone by the end of that day. Rob always seemed somehow to keep the whole shebang on the road. Although, it became accepted, that once an item sold out, often it would never be restocked.

Once the brand morphed into Giant Shark, in my opinion, the coach lost its wheels, the wheel was turning, yet the hamster was dead (how I enjoyed writing those cliques). Yet it conveys how things changed, to the point, that Giant Shark would not be a starting point, nor second choice, virtually of my radar.

So get back to No1 on line sales company.

HI Erfolg, many thanks for your posting and all you say is very true and it now my hope that i can bring it back onto poeples radar and sort out the stock issue's. There are a lot of products which I did not know we had until I started so it is no suprise that that the modeller lookking at our web site get lost. As for you Cliques i do like them and all i can say is the wheels are bolted back on and a new hamster is at the wheel laugh

Posted by Tim Mackey on 05/06/2013 09:32:44:

I am about to buy a 1125kv 39mm HET fan motor 8mm shaft, from OZ - but would much prefer to buy from you.

Can you bring this particular version to weston?

Edited By Tim Mackey on 05/06/2013 09:37:16

HI Tim, we do not have this motor with an 8mm shaft we only have it with a 5mm shaft which we have in stock and can ship to you overnight if you would like smiley

Posted by Giant Shark on 05/06/2013 10:08:26:

I am about to buy a 1125kv 39mm HET fan motor 8mm shaft, from OZ - but would much prefer to buy from you.

HI Tim, we do not have this motor with an 8mm shaft we only have it with a 5mm shaft which we have in stock and can ship to you overnight if you would like smiley

Thanks. I see on your site you now show a 1200 kv version too - assume this is the 5mm shaft also? I do have a 5mm shaft adaptor for the fan I am intending to use, and the slightly higher kv may be better too.

If you can confirm this is the 1200 version, and 39mm diameter can, I will have it. Happy to collect at Weston TBH, as I am in no big rush for it.wink

Edited By Tim Mackey on 05/06/2013 12:51:12

Posted by Tim Mackey on 05/06/2013 12:49:49:

Thanks. I see on your site you now show a 1200 kv version too - assume this is the 5mm shaft also? I do have a 5mm shaft adaptor for the fan I am intending to use, and the slightly higher kv may be better too.

If you can confirm this is the 1200 version, and 39mm diameter can, I will have it. Happy to collect at Weston TBH, as I am in no big rush for it.wink

Hi Tim, yes it is the 1200 version and 39mm can, i will ensure we have them with us at weston park for you to collect thumbs up

Posted by bouncebouncecrunch on 05/06/2013 12:54:22:

Does GS give this site some give aways? or just advertise through thread spread? a roll or two of covering or batteries would be the best option if you want loyalty. I am in Oz so i don't count.

bbc

They dont do any give aways but the owners of this site, My Hobby Store, also own Giant shark. Their keen prices for good products, and excellent (usually next day) mail order service earn them the loyalty, when the items required are in stock that is

Can you bring along some TFR6 recievers and a couple of Gens Ace 1300mAh 3s 25c batteries for me too please GS

Edited By Codename-John on 05/06/2013 17:55:27

Posted by Giant Shark on 05/06/2013 13:16:10:
Posted by Tim Mackey on 05/06/2013 12:49:49:

Hi Tim, yes it is the 1200 version and 39mm can, i will ensure we have them with us at weston park for you to collect thumbs up

Excellent, thanks - ( whatever your name is - how about telling us, so we dont have to call you a shark! )..... not sure which day I will be there yet, but I WILL collect it.

I have doubts with respect to Shark as the name of a retail company, it is almost the same as calling yourself "fly by night supplies".

Perhaps a more surreal name would provide a more positive image. May be Giant Goldfish, Bream, Salmon, Tuna, any might be better.

As Tim has suggested, a personal name, cuts a approachable, a real business, feeling, than an anonymous employee of a corporate entity.

Posted by Codename-John on 05/06/2013 17:49:23:
Posted by bouncebouncecrunch on 05/06/2013 12:54:22:

Does GS give this site some give aways? or just advertise through thread spread? a roll or two of covering or batteries would be the best option if you want loyalty. I am in Oz so i don't count.

bbc

They dont do any give aways but the owners of this site, My Hobby Store, also own Giant shark. Their keen prices for good products, and excellent (usually next day) mail order service earn them the loyalty, when the items required are in stock that is

Can you bring along some TFR6 recievers and a couple of Gens Ace 1300mAh 3s 25c batteries for me too please GS

Edited By Codename-John on 05/06/2013 17:55:27

HI Bouncebouncecrunch, at present we are not giving items away but we will be having a sale of lots of items in the warehouse so keep your eyes peeled and watch what comes up on our web site and aslo on this forum.wink . John we will taken as much as we can ond lipo are very high on the listsmiley

Posted by Erfolg on 05/06/2013 18:11:00:

I have doubts with respect to Shark as the name of a retail company, it is almost the same as calling yourself "fly by night supplies".

Perhaps a more surreal name would provide a more positive image. May be Giant Goldfish, Bream, Salmon, Tuna, any might be better.

As Tim has suggested, a personal name, cuts a approachable, a real business, feeling, than an anonymous employee of a corporate entity.

HI Erglog, Giant shark is a fully functional tax paying business which is part the My hobby store group yes please come along and take a look at our web site **LINK**