Swamp Rat builders

A very smart model Gary. Worthy of publication in it's own right as the electric version.

My own electric version uses a 3S 2200 Lipo and draws 31 amps for 350 watts, if that helps anyone else.   I expect Gary will use more power!

Edited By kc on 23/09/2015 12:51:15

Posted by kc on 23/09/2015 12:47:16:

A very smart model Gary. Worthy of publication in it's own right as the electric version.

My own electric version uses a 3S 2200 Lipo and draws 31 amps for 350 watts, if that helps anyone else. I expect Gary will use more power!

Edited By kc on 23/09/2015 12:51:15

Definitely agree with that

• 2 years later...

Hi Below are the pictures of my Swamp Rat which I maiden'd today out at the CMAC (NZ) model club. It has been built for nearly 2 years but for a variety of reasons including its very temperamental OS 25 SF had not flown till today. Went well despite the sagging covering which comes with 32 deg (celsius). Orientation is certainly an issue and need to keep it close and pleased the wing is done in chequered covering underneath. Bought OS NIB a while ago and it is a bit more compact than the 25 Fx's and with more airtime I'm sure it will go well. Another great Peter Miller design. Only change was was individual aileron servo's. Must try bellcranks one day.p6040206.jpgp3280178.jpg

Yes I know now that a patch of solid colour is better and I will do that as I finish my next project which is a Maricardo by using a large black patch on the underside of the yellow wing as you suggest. The black and white checkerboard does blend into a grey in the distance.

I dont think we can get solarfilm polyester here in NZ. Mainly just the generic stuff. I'm reminded of this every time I read one of your build artciles and you extol the virtues of it!

Peter, you need to publish another photo on this forum. I see you're currently on 999. Cheers

Hi NIgel

Yes, I noticed that 999 figure. I will have a new one or two very shortly. Not gtoday as it is -2 at 9.30 am and freezing frog. I amNOT going flying

Shame that you can't get the Supershrink there.

A friend who swears by ORacover covered his last model in Supershrink and is now converted. Says it is far better, lighter AND cheaper

You can buy it direct from Solarfilm but not sure how much the postage would be.

Edited By Peter Miller on 17/12/2017 09:27:34