Glen, I would imagine the HK motors are the same as all the others, you should also have a flat metalplate in an X shape this screws on the motor and the holes in the X are used to bolt this to the former, the shaft sticks out the back of the former into the battery box.

If the motor is not long enough to come out the front of the plane with the prop on make a false former to fit in front of the original one, hope this makes sense. The prop driver is fitted on the can end of the motor and the the whole thing turns, if there are any stickers on the can it is a good thing to remove them as they can come loose!!

André

Mower man, Yep I think I have found one on there thanks, I've ordered one anyway

Andjo, I have the cross, no problem with that end, but the prop driver for the can end (learn something everyday)

Has 4 holes and the can only 3. Hence my problem. It came about because the recommended motor is sold out, so I had to get a nearest equivalent , but 4-max still sent the adaptor for their motor, but it does not fit my Turnigy.

It could only happen to me!

You were right, all sorted now, thankyou.

Would someone point to a supplier of a tail wheel and bracket etc. that will suffice. I do not have a mode with one so am unsure how they work, and which will fit the Jocasta.

Cheers, Glyn.

I have just rang the guys at 4-max re the purple power motor. Bad news, he told me that the manufacturer has ceased trading, owing him about £6000! So I ain't gonna get one, as he is outa stock. I already have a turnigy motor that would suffice, but I do not have the correct 3 hole adapter. Hobbyking, who seem to be the main supplier of a Turnigy, well their site is just down, and has been all day. I was hoping to get someone there to sort me out a suitable adapter.

I feel I should just start again with this, and get two parts that will be compatable. So can someone recommend a different motor, adapter, and a shop that sells them?

Ta, in advance, from a frustrated me!

Ok thanks guys,

I have looked at your suggestions and the EMAX looks the easiest to obtain and I am hoping that the photos showed what i think could be a pusher type adapter.

I still can't get onto hobbyking site in the UK, seems to have been down all day! Anyway I have made speed today, completed the battery hatch, fitted the magnets , now trying to find washers without holes, or something that they can attract to, what do you use. i think that using two magnets together will be too strong for easy removal. Ill take your advice as always.

Once again I'm indebted to you.

cheers to all, Glyn.

Glyn, That's a bit of A dooooh, you want a small piece of ferrous metal, i.e. a bit of a can of your favourite soup. check with a magnet and if OK cut out a piece. a washer is essentially a disc with a hole. no such thing as a disc without one. That will provoke a debate, watch it happen..

Dooooh! Believe it it not my local fixings shop ( All Screwed Up ) does sell "washers" without holes, but guess what they are stainless steel, ah well, gonna empty the boss's cupboard looking for a tin tin. The magnets that I have are to strong I'm sure.

Cheers both, have a pod holiday weekend.

My Jocasta had it's maiden flight today, Flown by Til (fellow club member and better flier than me)whilst I attempted to take some flying shots.

Needed lots of 'down' trim so perhaps a bit of nose weight will help I also flew her and am pleased with the performance.

Went to taxy back to the pits and a wheel came off, collet lost in grass, but still a happy day.

Photos in a day or so.

Edited By Mowerman on 23/05/2015 19:57:42

Congrats from me as well!

A strange thing is happening, I enjoy this building lark more than flying! Haven't been to our strip for 3 weeks. Am I doomed to live in sawdust, or is there a known cure?

Do I, in fact want a cure, not sure I do at the moment!!!

Glyn, rather than use plain 'washers', the following fixing is a lot easier, and has the advantage of adjustability.

Fix the magnet to the removeable section, and insert a small woodscrew into the fixed part. Turning the woodscrew allows for precise adjustment so that the magnet holds firm and the gap between the hatch and the fuselage is optimum.

Below are photos of the motor/ESC access hatch on my Tucano

tucano hatch fixing_1.jpg

tucano hatch fixing_2.jpg

Hope this helps, cheers GDB

Here are some foto's of my Jocasta in her paintwork, Sunday afternoon 24th.

p1070405.jpg

p1070403.jpg

p1070405.jpg

Unfortunately shortly after taking these foto's my last landing was not a success sad One of the wheels hit a slight indentation and she cartwheeled over. Result = broken nose and a few small rips in the covering.

Repair job coming up plus must fit bigger wheels.

Cheers all. Andre

Great pics, shame about the prang, I reckon that's why I like building, no crashes!,

Caveman, brilliant idea, so simple once you know eh! Like most things in life , I guess.

I am now trying to find a method of cutting the hole in the front cowl, for the motor in 6mm balsa, what do I need. I reckon that whatever it is I ain't got one, I can produce a hole, but round it is not.

So engrossed in this project that over ten days ago I bought a glimpse quadcopter not been out of the box as yet, as for the lawn and privet hedge, don't lets go there.

I'm doomed.