Can not access Subscriber Only content

FlyinBrian

Advert

Has there been a change in subscription policy? I notice that there are 3 options - digital only, paper only and digital plus paper. When I subscribed, I think there were only 2 classes, paper, which included digital access and digital only.

Is this a stealth increase or did I miss the paper only option a couple of years ago?

Edited By Martin Harris on 05/08/2013 21:32:19

Yes there is a vast increase in subscription rates.

Last year my digital subscription was £19.99.

This year it has gone up to £36.00. Thats an increase of 80% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I wont be renewing that then.

Also the people who had a paper subscription no longer get the digital editions as well, you have to pay extra now.

I am also getting probs with the website saying I cannot access subscriber only content, still trying to sort that one out.

I'm a digital subscriber, my subscriber number is a 10-digit one, and my subscription doesn't expire until 30/11/2013. I haven't been able to access the RCME digital archive content for two months and raised the problem in another thread earlier this evening.

It seems to me that the confusion has been caused by the initiation of the Pocketmags option. Who provides the digital issues now? RCME or Pocketmags? I tried using my RCME subs details on the pocketmags website and got nowhere - as I expected. I received an email asking me for my original invoice. What invoice?

I'm relieved to find that others are having the same problem as me. If enough complain, maybe something will get done about it.

Gordon

My subscription also expires on 30/11/13, but Ive just received an email stating that my subscription is about to expire shortly !!

Still cannot access subscriber only content, is there a link anywhere on this site to message them ?

I can access mags on my iphone but not on pc

Well the whole thing looks as if its not being managed very well. Click on the Digital Editions pic at top right of this page. There's an immediate self-contradiction on the top left of the resulting page.

Under the "Subscribers Extra" heading, it says that if you'r a digital or print +digital subscriber, then you have exclusive access to the online archive of back-issues.

Below that, under the "Online Archive" heading, it says that the online archive of RCME is available exclusively to print and print+digital subscribers.

Both can't be correct.

Gordon

Funny. I just clicked on the "Magazines" button at the top of the page Martin linked to and it worked. There's this message:

" Service Update: We apologise, but the Digital Issues system will be unavailable for several hours during 8/9th August due to essential hardware maintenance work.

Please choose a title: "

It looks as if some progress is about to be made!

Gordon

When I check that page, I get the 'RCM&E Magazine' link after the 'Please choose a title' and the archive is still available at this time. I presume you've got nothing, Gordon?

It's just a thought but I've found this paragraph on the 'Compare Subscriptions' page:

Subscriptions purchased ‘in-app’
If you have bought a digital subscription using your device through the App Store, Google Play or Amazon then you unfortunately cannot access the great subscriber benefits shown above. If you would like to subscribe directly with us and unlock your exclusive benefits please call 0844 543 8200(UK) or +44 (0)1858 438798.

If this applies to any of you who cannot access the subscribers sections, that may explain it.....

Pete

Hi Pete

I must have made a typo (one of my many frequent ones I'm afraid) and failed to check the message properly as the 10-digit number in my post above is the one in my details. The archive is working properly now despite supposedly being down for hardware update!

I'm new to this forum and am having some difficulty navigating round it at present (but I'll get better at it), so I apologise for not seeing your reply mentioned above.

All seems to be working at present, however, and I can now catch up with finishing reading the last two issues!

Thanks to all who have fixed the problem and i hope the hardware maintenance goes smoothly smiley

BTW, when I signed up for the £19.99 offer I think I remember seeing that the price would rise the following year. Quite honestly I'd rather have the software version as modern paper mags are huge and have to be thrown away within a year to free up space. I've just given away about 30 years of scale mags which were rarely being researched, and were simply cluttering up bookcases. So I've given away much valuable info. However, with access to a free software archive, back number info will always be available.

i note that ADH digital back numbers are charged for, so a big thumbs up for RCME!

Gordon