FrSky Taranis - user chat

Bob Cotsford

Advert

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 27/04/2016 14:57:09:

For reference here is a link to Gary's other thread where I've put examples of how I use delays on retracts.

On the subject of offsets and dif, I've just updated to 2.1.9 and notice that there's a nice graphical display of the effect that offset, weight and dif will have when editing a mix on the transmitter - nice!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 27/04/2016 15:06:44

When did 2.1.9 come out? I'm still using 2.1.8 which appears to be the latest version.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/06/2016 12:04:15:

You only have to convert 52% of your Rx's to "rest of the world", the other 48% can remain either "EU" or "LBT"

BEB (with his tongue very firmly planted in his cheek!)

Great idea, I've got 15 receivers. I'm a bit stuck with the maths though...

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/06/2016 12:57:13:

No Problem.

7.2 Rx's stay on LBT and 7.8 go over to rest of the world - easy! Where is the difficulty?

BEB

What about the 3 that have to go over to TBL UK by 2018?

Posted by Andy48 on 25/06/2016 12:49:59:
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 27/04/2016 14:57:09:

For reference here is a link to Gary's other thread where I've put examples of how I use delays on retracts.

On the subject of offsets and dif, I've just updated to 2.1.9 and notice that there's a nice graphical display of the effect that offset, weight and dif will have when editing a mix on the transmitter - nice!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 27/04/2016 15:06:44

When did 2.1.9 come out? I'm still using 2.1.8 which appears to be the latest version.

are you REALLY going to be picky about one version number?laugh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, lots of good info here.

I'm going to order a Taranis . The "X9D Plus'' is the current version correct? I don't want to order the wrong model.

Hobby king international or banggood seem to be the main options on where to order from.

Is this where you ordered from?

Have any of you had to pay import duty or other fees?

Thanks.

There is a PCB available to order from the USA

http://johnprikkel.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/jr-dsmx.html?m=1#!/2014/07/jr-dsmx.html

But I actually have 1 spare circuit board left and the passive components to populate it with, if you are OK at soldering I could sell you the kit for £15, you would need to get the case and RF board for it.

Posted by Pitts Special on 29/09/2016 13:08:10:

It does say dsm2 though.

So not sure if it does dsmx?

Yes, it does DSMX as well as DSM2. It is a 4-in-1 module as it actually has the 4 common RF chips used for radio control on it, so it does a great many of the protocols in use including FrSky (V, D and X) DSM (2 and X) and Flysky. It enables you to use your 'proper' transmitter for many of the 'toys' that come with their own tiny Tx, as well.

Mike.