Reply Box missing and similar issues?

Pete B

Advert

I really like this forum, for the content. but the SW was state-of-the-art in about 2002, & is absolutely appalling

come on RCM&E - cough up for vBulletin (paid), or phpBB (free), I'm sure there are plenty of geeks (me included) who would admin it for free

-andy

I have just been into one of my galleries and tried to amend some photo titles and descriptions - which works until I hit the save button. All looks well but when the gallery is opened again the amendments have not been saved sad.

Everything else is working fine so I suspect that this may be a site issue rather a browser one.

Please don't go to either vBulletin (paid), or phpBB (free) though, neither are pretty and as previously mentioned with regard to the relatively simple task of clearing broswer caches - some user knowledge is required to get the best out of them.

Edit:

embarrassed Oops, twas my fault, I'd inadvertantly used quotes, should have known better! See how easy it is to blame the software though?

Edited By Ian Jones on 02/09/2013 13:01:04

I use my ipad (safari browser) most of the time for viewing this site and had the "empty box" thing once. Logging off the site and back in again worked for me.

The only other niggle I have is the lack of border at the left of the screen. A quarter of an inch would be great! 

Edited By Doug Ireland on 02/09/2013 16:15:27

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 02/09/2013 13:11:43:

Very decent of you to cough it, Ian thumbs up - and yes, it is easy, isn't it?smile

Pete

It was the thought of all those techies spending so much time trying to find the out what the problem was. I just couldn't bear it wink 2.

Actually, a little honesty doesn't hurt, much smile.

Ian

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Easy when you know how!teeth 2

Go to the 'All Topics' or 'Latest Posts' page; about 4 lines down, under the search box, you'll see a 'Create New Thread' link - I know, it isn't that obvious....smile

Click on that link and a new page will come up. First of all, select the appropriate topic from the drop-down box - it saves us mods having to move it later as posts often end up in the 'Aerial Photography....' section.

After that, add your title, sub-title and away you go....thumbs up

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 26/03/2014 19:03:01

I dont know if this will help anyone but i'll post anyway.

A while back i logged on to the site via my phone (Android) and the reply box was just that! a simple black outlined box to type a message in and the add posting icon.

No smilies or options to add pics links etc......

This confused me for quite a while, i did ask a certain mod cheekywho was honest and said he didnt know and directed me to someone who may have the answer.

But being a bone headed caveman i kept looking through my settings flash player etc.... nothing...

then one day i mentioned it to my better half who very quickly pointed out that my phone had taken me to the "mobile" site!!

I pressed the option button on my phone and pressed "view desktop site" and hey presto all sorted!

Mind you, i still use my laptop to add pics in postsas my phone does not like the desktop site, keeps rushing to the banner at the top of the page when i'm trying to post angry

Well anyway.... in a very roundabout way i hope it helps someone!!!!blush

It seems to be reasonably ok at my end , I use dolphin browser on a samsung tablet for most of my web based stuff just now , although I do have problems with posting pics , they seem to appear in the wrong order , and when I go to type text underneath a photo , the text appears at the very top of the page , doesnt do this all the time , just best part .

• 3 years later...

Well I thought it had .When I looked at another topic on the forum I was back to square one .If I use the login site where the mail box should be there is no remember me box to tick .If I use the main login feature at the top of the page this does have the "remember me "box .This I ticked but as stated I was back to square one .Why is there no "remember me " box .when I log in using the feature in the mail box area ?

I'll try the other suggestions later on I have to go out now .

Thanks