New Bf 110 from Hobbyking

Kelly

Advert

I have sketched the 110 out a number of times, seeing it as an ideal twin. Each time baulked at the time needed and the fact that I always had other models on the build. The relatively long nose, simple body, and reasonable wing planform seem relatively favourable. I have always though cheating on the tips would be advantageous for my non competition flying.

I have also considered the Heinkel 219, Uhu, mainly because of the bags of wing area and box body, yet again baulked as the wing planform, is a little more complex.

The trouble with many British aircraft of the period, is often short noses, plus the bodies are often oval. The really nice ones like the Mosquito have such tapered wings, that cheating at the tips, would destroy the look and feel.

I may be interested, dependant on price.

Edited By Erfolg on 12/09/2013 12:41:12

I literally came off the Traplet website where I've just ordered the wood and canopy set for the Brian Taylor Bf110. What a coincidence!

I'm fairly sure that I'll electrify it, it gets over the danger of one engine quitting as the main reason for it. I've put it off for ages as I wont be able to get the electric retracts to hide away completely. I could dolly launch and then belly land it but its only club scale flier, so I'll put up with it. I'll choose a colour scheme from the Battle of Britain timeline too.

Correct first time BEB. Brian Taylor built this one with fixed undercarriage. When viewed from the side, the retracts need to move through an angle of about 110 to 120 degrees. Most move only 90 degrees or 85 degrees, E Flite being my main choice so far. If they are down and then move back/up 90degrees, they wont retract far enough up into the nacelle to allow the wheels to be hidden. This has put me off for the last two years, but most of my club mates wont even recognise a 110 never mind where the wheels are supposed to be.

HK have extended their range of retracts recently so I'll have a look at theirs.