Autogyro Blades from AJ Blades

John AJ Blades

Hi All

Following my Fun Cub Auto gyro conversion, I decided to try a set of AJ 450 blades on this model. The Fun Cub in is a 60" model so it is much bigger and more than double the weight of the Crane Fly models fitted with the same blades.

I am pleased to report it flew really well and lifted the 2.25 lbs model with ease ,this suggests to me that these blades could be used on models weighing even more. BTW the blades were shimmed at 0.8 mm 6 mm back from the bolt hole centre . These results also suggest that when the 450s are used on lighter models like the Auto- G the mast angle needs to be lower or a more practical approach would be to shim at 0.8 mm and reduce the blade length for best results.

Tom.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

We have just completed a batch of the version 2 Rich Harris designed blades.These have a wider leading edge hardwood section than V1. and have been fully tested by Rich.They are cut to 550mm length to cover a vast array of Rich`s models including Mantis,Burky 2,Fire Fly etc. and are for sale on our webshop now.

Al - AJ Blades Ltd

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi

I have been informed by Big T that my 700 blades transform the flying characteristics of the latest AC10. These blades are currently out of stock but if enough people email me saying they want a set I will make some at the end of the month when I return from my holiday. Please send an email to AJ Blades stating that you want a set and I will see what I can do to help.

Regards

John

AJ Blades

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have had a few requests to make more of our 700mm x 60mm blades. As these blades are made from 900mm long blanks, if anybody wants a set of un-cut blades, please let me know. The cost will be the same. Postage may be a little more but not sure until I try it. This will also be probably the last run of these blades. When they are gone, they are gone.

John, A J Blades

• 3 months later...

Hi All

This is just to let you know that I will be going into hospital in a few weeks for a knee replacement. I do not think I will be able to make any more blades during the foreseeable future. I would imagine late January at the earliest. However, I will review the situation after Christmas. I appreciate your support over the last couple of years.

Regards

John

A J Blades

Edited By John AJ Blades on 28/10/2015 20:13:59

Likewise John I hope it all goes well for you. My wife had 2 knee ops in 2013 and 2014 within 4 months of each other. She was up and about very quickly( next day) and it has made such a difference to her. They had her climbing stairs within 24 hours of the ops !!!.

All the best

Graham

• 1 month later...