Hi from Somerset

Dave Garrett 1

Let me introduce myself & tell you a little about me. I'm Dave from Yeovil, Somerset. I'm the wrong side of the big five O. I have been married to Carol for nearly 30 years. We have not been blessed with children. I work as a design engineer in the aerospace industry.

I have been flying radio control fixed wing aircraft for the last 10 years. I mostly fly IC powered sports, acrobatic & vintage type models. I have dabbled in electric powered models, gliders & foamies. I enjoy the building side of the hobby & have have good success with a number of kits. I still put together the occasional ARTF if I'm desperate. I am the treasurer of the Westland & Yeovil district aeromodellers club & a member of the Ilminster club.

I have been lurking on this forum for sometime. I especially enjoy reading the build blogs. As I'm about to start an Apache Aviation Monocoupe 90A, it's time to start giving something back.

Outside of model flying, my other passion is football (watching only now!). I'm a season ticket holder for the mighty Green & Whites (Yeovil Town FC). This does however have an adverse affects of Saturday flying during the playing season.

Other interest include traveling & holidays. I have been known to drink the odd bucket or two of real ale. We are blessed in the southwest with some wonderful micro breweries. I am probably the only Mike Oldfield fan left in the country.

Regards

Dave

Advert