RCM&E 2013 Autumn special

Winco Steve

Advert

David, yes, now I see. Very, very nice, indeed. I just hope Hangar 9 hold on for a bit before discontinuing it. As a newbie I don't think I'm ready for it yet. But other models I've lusted after, Hangar 9's RV-8 and Corsair 50 and the Great Planes RV-4 have been discontinued after (in my opinion) only a very short time after introduction.

This year's Special is a belter, by the way.

Ian

Edited By IanR on 18/09/2013 16:37:52

Pretty good overall. Wot 4 Extreme unsurprisingly good review, although the Wot 4 XL span is 68" not 60" as stated, the H9 Mustang is a good size, but my eye sees the fuselage not deep enough and the scoop hanging too low.

Tony's P51 is great, just looked at the plans and all looks well, I have ideas that may come into fruition for that.

CS

Posted by Kit Davidson on 18/09/2013 19:31:39:

There was no Readers' advertisements section in this issue and no explanation for the omission. I find this a important and worthy part of the magazine.

I don't suppose I will need to wait long for an explanation from the editorial staff?

That's presumably because it's not one of the regular monthly issues, but the extra "13th" issue, (hence the label "Autumn 2013" and "special" on the title.)

They've done this for a number of years now and (I haven't had a chance to look at mine yet) usually it's completely different to the other 12 issues, all the regular columns making way for special articles - oh, and with "t'other Ashby" in the editor's seat!

[And whilst I was typing all that, David beat me to it! teeth 2 ]

Edited By John Privett on 18/09/2013 21:08:24

Mine also turned yesterday, again with a corner chewed off, by what looks like the folder/stitch/trim part of the finishing machine may have slipped a few make ready copies through the net, nothing detrimental to the magazine though so no need for a fresh copy here David wink 2 (sorry my 20 odd years print trade experience coming through).

Good honest review of the Wottie, had a very similiar experience with mine with hardware issues etc, glad its not just me.

Other than that only quickly flicked through it, but will be having a good read whilst on my trip down to Walsall, hmmm I should have threw a plane in and nipped over to Greenacres while I'm here lol

Posted by Winco Steve on 18/09/2013 08:12:09:

Hi, yes appreciated and have viewed it OK on line. However, off line viewing is far more convenient as my downstairs

reading room ( with chain flush ) does not have Internet!

Thanks Greybeard,

Winco Steve

Edited By Winco Steve on 18/09/2013 08:12:38

Yes, it's the same day as the print copy sale date although I'm told it'll be aligned to the subscriber recp't date in the future.