Falcon Models Autogyro

Richard Harris

Falcon Models have just brught out their new pusher kit and it looks very good. Some will remember this model being developed a few years ago as it came along to Old Warden and we were asked plenty of questions!

CNC cut parts so it just slots together, pre made spindle moulded blades with positional gauges. For £65 I think it is a good buy.

I have emailed Chris to see if he can supply blades seperatly.

HERE is the link

Rich

Advert

The low sit and wide track make it a very practical model , and when trimmed correctly it is a real easy model to fly .

RIP Jochen he was a very dedicated auto gyro pilot and designer, it's great to see the photos .

We have flown Jochen's original design on a variety of blades sets and found the performance could be adjusted to suit most tastes from floaty to zippy.

This interpretation of his design seems from the photos well thought out from the materials and structural point of view and not a bad price.Will look forward to the reports from Chas.

Tom.

They do say imitation is the greatest form of flattery and in this case it is indeed a direct copy of Jochen's Minimum and I think as such is testimony to his well proven design and will allow the Minimum to live on.

The drawings and instructions are straight forward enough although some of the glass fibre parts do require a bit of fettling to make them fit. It feels rather solid and the blades look excellent but I have yet to balance them and test them out.

Will post some pics as the build progresses.

Chas

Looking forward to the photos Chas.

Chris has got back to me regarding the blades and says the cost for a set of 3 will be no more than £10 which is pretty reasonable.However, I would like to see four blades in a set as Aerobalsa used to do as the spare always comes in handycrook

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 24/09/2013 22:16:16

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well,

I have had one of these kits for a few months now, the weather is rubbish so thought I would make a start on this one.

It is a nice kit and very comprehensive , construction is relatively easy using mainly cnc cut fibre glass parts. Also included are 4 pre made spindle moulded blades, a very nice coloured plan and all the bits and pieces to complete the head with all the hardware needed as you would expect.

This is the stage I am up to at the moment;

img_3168.jpg

img_3169.jpg

img_3170.jpg

img_3172.jpg

Rich