Evo Carbs.

Doug Ireland

Advert

Thanks for the replies. I've tried a few UK stockists but they are all out of stock and they don't seem to know when they will get any in.

i have an ASP 52 that I tried to convert to petrol but I just can't seem to get the mixture right. Then I saw these little EVO carbs and I'd give one a try.

Hi Paul,

i added two shims to the cylinder head but I'm thinking the magnet may be out by a few degrees as the engine is very reluctant to speed up. The problem is trying to get the mixture right. From the normal 2 to 2 1/2 turns open for glow fuel the needle is open barely a half for petrol and is very twitchy! Another problem is getting fuel into the existing carb (no connection from the exhaust pressure nipple) for starting with the needle hardly open. So I was hoping the new carb would help. If it works then I may convert more of my engines.

Now, if someone could design an ignition unit for a radial engine...

Edited By Doug Ireland on 02/10/2013 07:10:45

I have just converted my Saito 180 to spark ignition, still using 5% glow fuel, I get fuel economy from the fixed ignition point and didn't have to change the compression (not that easy on a Saito).

So if you are having trouble setting the needle put the compression back to what it was and use glow fuel.

Andy

Posted by Doug Ireland on 02/10/2013 07:04:49:

Hi Paul,

i added two shims to the cylinder head but I'm thinking the magnet may be out by a few degrees as the engine is very reluctant to speed up. The problem is trying to get the mixture right. From the normal 2 to 2 1/2 turns open for glow fuel the needle is open barely a half for petrol and is very twitchy! Another problem is getting fuel into the existing carb (no connection from the exhaust pressure nipple) for starting with the needle hardly open. So I was hoping the new carb would help. If it works then I may convert more of my engines.

Now, if someone could design an ignition unit for a radial engine...

Edited By Doug Ireland on 02/10/2013 07:10:45

The 10cc EVO petrol engine uses exhaust pressure just like a glow engine, there is no pump. It also runs on 25-1 fuel. HK sell a very cheap and effective timing and ignition set up for electronic ignition. Try Just engines for a carb.

Edited By Glyn R on 04/10/2013 11:51:59

Posted by Andy Green on 02/10/2013 10:42:58:

I have just converted my Saito 180 to spark ignition, still using 5% glow fuel, I get fuel economy from the fixed ignition point and didn't have to change the compression (not that easy on a Saito).

So if you are having trouble setting the needle put the compression back to what it was and use glow fuel.

Andy

I quite like this as an option, what oil ratio is used. I am now moving to petrol because of the amount of oil glow engines use and spray all over your model.