Vanessa CoG Rig

Tony B-622

I have used a spirit level on the top of the fus, (if the fus is parallel to the datum). I have also used an incidence gauge on the wing or tailplane to check for level attitude. Obviously when it is level measure the distance from the bench to say the tailplane trailing edge, or tailwheel so that you can reposition without the weight of the levelling gear upsetting the measurement wink 2

Cheers

Danny

Advert

After re-doing the c of g on my Wot I said that I would report back.

Here I am mail

The adjustment have made an improvement to the flying characteristics. By getting the c of g so finely adjusted to the recommended point the plane is less twitchy, jumpy and so much smoother. Inverted flight requires a little push on the elevator but it is very manageable and there is now some feedback from the plane. Before, any push on the stick on inverted and it would fly off up to the sun.

1/2 Cubans are more solid and as the plane comes over the top it will sit there mush better as it comes down on the 45 rather than wanting to twitch and roll out. There is a little more speed on landing but the flare out is very controllable.

Take offs too are smoother with a risk of the plane suddenly jumping into the air.It seems that the Vanessa rig works -in that- it is a good way ( on of many )to find and really fine tune the balance for very little cash outlay. It will of course only allow you to find the balance point, what you do to it is up to you. If I found that the Wot was still not flying right I would have adjusted again until I was happy with the model and not left it at the recommendation set by the manufacturer. Some of the artf models have been known to put incorrect balance points in the instructions.

As a set up aid I will give it 9/10

yes

Edited By cymaz on 24/11/2013 08:11:59

Edited By cymaz on 24/11/2013 08:12:31