Free goody

Taff

Advert

Quick question, when the subs are due for renewal, do you get the currently offered "prize" for renewing, or do you get nothing, except the next 12 months of mags? Hopefully I've not come across as sounding greedy, just don't know how this works, that's all.

As a side note, and to add to a previous thread I started about RCM&E regalia etc recently, why don't they add a sticker sheet, or even just one or two stickers to go on your flight box, to the mag packs that go out to the subscribers, especially as a little Christmas gift thank you? Just an idea............

Thanks

Edited By Depron Daz on 11/12/2013 14:58:45

Posted by Depron Daz on 11/12/2013 14:53:56:

Quick question, when the subs are due for renewal, do you get the currently offered "prize" for renewing, or do you get nothing, except the next 12 months of mags? Hopefully I've not come across as sounding greedy, just don't know how this works, that's all.

Thanks

Edited By Depron Daz on 11/12/2013 14:58:45

I never bothered trying previously, as I never fancied the gift that happened to be on offer when my renewal came up.

This year I did. Simply quoted the promo code when ringing to renew, and hey presto it arrived smiley

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 11/12/2013 21:53:12:

I renewed by direct debit this year as well - well actually the direct debit went through with no reminder - an email would have been nice!

It is hardly consistent / fair if some people phone in to renew and can get the gift offer and others that pay automatically by DD don't sad

I too think it's really annoying and unfair that those who pay by direct debit don't get the subscription gifts.

I am in my 3rd year subscribing in this way, but I think it will be my last. I will cancel my subscription by DD when it is due to expire, and just pay for a new subscription each year to take advantage of the free gifts.

I've already contacted the magazine and enquired, in a different , topic line and was directed to this line of posts. I bought a subscription for my brother at the end of November, he's received January's magazine but not the free gift. In fact until I talked to him on Saturday didn't realise there was one. Are the free gift quadcopters going to be sent out before Christmas the subscription number is xxxxxxxxxx. I'd appreciate some kind of answer.

(Edited to remove subs number for your benefit)

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 16/12/2013 17:16:34

Marketing tell me that renewing subscribers are offered a discounted rate.

Malcolm, sorry, this thread isn't a communication channel to the subscriptions dept and I can't be more specific than the above answer. The quadcopter offer has only just closed and the small print (so they tell me) says to allow a time-frame after this. In practice gifts are sent well before the offer closes.... normally.

hello everyone---Mrs A has just phoned up on my behalf enquiring about the 'free' quadcopter offer and spoke to Lucy........who told her it didn't matter if it was a renewal(as in my case) or a first time subscription.....that the quads would be sent out.......and to allow 28 days after you paid your dosh etc........

ken Anderson ne..1 ........ inquiry dept..

Hi Malcolm, sorry you haven't had a response. I've just checked with my colleague here and apparently they're (subs dept) a bit inundated at the moment, possibly a seasonal thing, so there may be a bit of a delay with the responses. You could call 0844 543 8200, the email is [email protected]

The popularity of the quad has caught us out a bit. In the past subs gifts were ordered after a subscription offer closed but this could mean delays and sometimes suppliers had run out of the stock they had promised, which meant more delays. Our people solved this by buying stock before an offer although this meant anticipating demand. It has worked well over the last year or so, I certainly haven't noticed very many complaints, but, as I say, the quad offer has proved the exception. It will arrive, I'm just checking to see whether the second batch has been sent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just wondering if there is any news on Quad Copter ? as yet still not received ...its been a few weeks now and not heard anything, not seen much about them on the forum ....is it only me that has not receved it sadany info would be nice crying Taff

I fancied the free gift as it was on around the time I thought my renewal was due. I renew by DD and according to this site my subscription was due a couple of weeks after I contacted the subscriptions dept by e mail to ask if I could get the free gift. Response was a somewhat terse e mail stating not eligable for the free gift. When my bank statement came I also noted they had collected the DD some time before I thought it was due.

Not overly impressed with the commitment to existing customers, and next time it is due will check what the gift is and if I want it I will cancel subscription well in advance and then take it out again to get the free gift. Pity it seems we have to do that and generate the additional effort and paperwork for the magazine, when renewing by DD is supposed to be the most cost efficient way for them to maintain customers, especially as they know they are doing the renewal and could automatically send out the gift.

Is that it then do we just forget it .......how many people have missed out on this so called free goody that your supposed to get for being a valued customer .......at least have the desency to tell us if we are not going to receive it .Thanks