This is really strange

JayCee

This is strange.

I try if possible to order from HK UK warehouse, however they do not stock everything.

I have been trying for ages to obtain to obtain an out of stock Rhino Lipo only available from the global warehouse. I received an email saying that they were back in stock so I ordered one expecting to wait a few weeks for delivery.

it arrived 48 hours later via Royal Mail! As far as I am aware Royal Mail will not ship HK Lipos but it still didn't explain it arriving so quickly especially over the Christmas period.

A close look at the packaging shows it was dispatched from 'Unit 5 Tim's Boatyard Staines Middlesex no connection to HK UK who don't stock Rhino brand Lipos anyway.

any ideas?

Advert

I have had HK deliveries from Tims Boatyard (No connection!) seems HK bulk ship to UK and then send out via Royal Mail. Seems also that HongKong Post is no more for International shipments as other shipments are coming via Singapore or Malaysion Mail Services

JayCee, we were talking about this just the other day up on the Downs - I suspect you weren't there that day! Whilst Royal Mail has a long list of prohibited items, ParcelForce (a division of Royal Mail) seem happy - at the moment at least - to deliver some of the things that are on the Royal Mail prohibited list!

As for Tim's Boatyard, I think this was discussed on here a little while ago. As I recall, the concensus was that this is their bulk-shipping option. Basically, HK package-up all the UK orders using that option in Honk Kong with RoyalMail/ParcelForce labels and send all the packages in a big box/container/whatever and get them bulk shipped to the UK. Once in the UK "Tim's Boatyard" opens the box and puts all the individual packages into the RoyalMail/Parcelforce system for onward delivery. Or something like that...

Ah obviously must get up the Downs more often lol

Thought I would post just to cheer myself up, been in bed all over Christmas with the flu! Notice you and a few of the other tough guys are up there what ever the weather lol

Best wishes for the New Year to you and all at RCME.