Futaba voice alerts any time soon?

Allan Bennett

A couple of guys at our field had talking trannies yesterday -- a Taranis (spelling?) and a Spektrum 9. If you're going to have telemetry, it seems that voice alerts are the way to go, for I can't take my eyes off the model long enough to refocus and read what's on the screen.

So, is there any word on when Futaba will include voice alerts on any of their trannies?

Advert

From what I understand the Futaba SG14 and 18MZ system (like most others) can readout telemetry values and alarms, the Dx9 and Taranis can read out telemetry values and also announce when functions are activated, e.g. flaps down etc etc

But where one manufacturer leads other will follow, Futaba seem to be a follower telemetry wise at the moment.

Posted by Codename-John on 20/01/2014 22:49:23:

Also the 14SG has had an update for voice alerts

Is that a Futaba upgrade, or a 3rd-party?

I looked at the Futaba web site before I posted, and I saw nothing about speech capability for either the 14SG or the MZ18 -- just a mention of the camera on the 18.

"The 18MZ can play any sound file on any switch, so its easy to assign a voice alert to any function. ..." So, does it include standard sound files, or do you have to record them yourself (or copy from the internet) and then save them into the trannie somehow?

I know the last update for the 14sg provided voice telemetry as i uploaded it on my friends transmitter when setting up a SM Modelbau Unisens E sensor, but I don't think the set has a speaker so this is through the an ear piece only (but you can get vario tones directly from the Tx). But he wasn't interested in the voice output so I didn't investigate this too far.

The manual for the V2 release is on Ripmaxs web page

Thanks for those links. I hope that by the time I get round to buying a 14SG it will come with the latest software/operating system. I hate it when you buy something new, and then immediately have to go to the internet to update it to do what you want or, in some cases, what it should have done in the first place. [rant over wink]

Posted by Codename-John on 21/01/2014 21:24:58:

Futaba upgrade page - see here

you have to upgrade to software version 3 first, then install the speech upgrade

The only thing is, Dont you ever sometimes go to the field just to get away from nagging female voices, do you really want your Tranny doing it too ? lol

Second that johnwink