Love those Grumman's

Advert

Posted by Ton van Munsteren on 05/03/2014 22:00:44:

If I only had retracts for 1.5-1.65 span, I do love those Grumman planes.

Ton

got to agree with you Grumman make the finest hard-core warbirds built like a brick outhouse ,when saw this thread thought you had started some new designs

Andy

I have a detailed set of photos of these GRummans taken at Duxford whn they were over here. No cockpit shots unfortunately as they wouldn't allow me to open the canopy.

I was in the hangar photographing something else at the time.

I will part with my set for a consideration if you PM me.

Andy,

Well who knows it could be a start those Grumman's are great planes and already had made a start on the Wildcat some time ago.

The design is the easy part the problem is the retracts because those are complex, there is a nice set of retracts but thats to small, so who knows some day.

We can all ask E-Flite for a set wink

IanN,

Yes would make some nice Microwarbirds but have been asked for two other Warbirds already so watch out for those in the near future.

Peter,

Thanks for the offer and yes please PM send you can never have enough pics of those Grumman's beauty's.

Tony,

yes smiley

Bob,

Yes great planes those Boeing's and Curtis Hawks and to be honest love all planes with big radials.

Cheers

Ton

Edited By Ton van Munsteren on 07/03/2014 00:24:20

Colin,

Yes the Brewster and Rata would also make great planes and are very high on my need to do list.

Frustrating hobby no think so, you only have the build a little quicker to do all those great warbirds.

For me the Hawk75 is of the "still need a lot of planes to do list" Iam flying the RBCkits model, with a Harvard and LA5 still waiting to being build.

Funny though you mention the Rata because that will be one of my next Microwarbirds.

Cheers

Ton

The Hawk 75 looks brilliant Ton. Great to hear that the I16 Rata is coming along, that will be a hit! My shed time is limited and I've got three in build now plus two mostly built but shelved a while ago that need resurrecting. I'm trying hard to speed up and I desperately need to get more flying in.

In the meantime, I keep thinking, IAR 80, Re2000, Raiden, Saetta, G50, J18, Bloch 150/151. etc.etc.etc. Sigh.

Thanks and yes who is not working on to many project , the problem is how to say no to another great warbird thats high on the need to build list.

Must admit you do have a good taste for Warbirds and I like them all.

The G50 is on my working on that plane list and hoping to finish that one this summer, to be honest I must finish it so I can go on to the next Warbird.

Ton