Chip Shop

Danny Fenton

Advert

I've finally made it to the fuselage and am about to start.

I seem to remember mention of 2mm and 3/32" for sheeting on this model, rather than 1/16". I've used 1/16" for the wing and bought lots of lovely 3/32" for the fuse. Now I check the plan (duh!) and re-read Danny's blog, I see that it's 1/8" for the fuse planking (or sheeting).

As I've not got much 1/8" I'd really like to use 3/32". I'm guessing that it won't make too much difference to the strength after covering and not much to the fit with the wing.

Am I just being over-optimistic? blush

Edited By Nigel Day on 03/01/2015 08:44:57

Hi guys, back at after a xmas break and other SMBO doings, I,m at the stage of adding the wing fillets to the Fuz, I have been looking for the "link" to download the build, hoping that will put me straight, I have a new computer and the prevoius one has it, but now it has collapsed, .....so can anyone remember what page the link is on, I've searched 20 of the pages but .. embarrassed

I hope ya all had a safe New Year

Cheers

Barry

Hi Nigel,

I think it is worth using soft 1/8 sheet for the planking. Having recently sanded the fuselage, it really allows you to get stuck in and remove the "starved donkey" appearance, without the worry of leaving too little meat.

Alex

Hi Barry I cannot find Nigels document either. It was only the wing that Nigel did, though i am sure he could be persuaded into doing a fus one

Maybe we need to put the link in the "links" section Hopefully Nigel will be on soon.

For build blogs Barry, you will just have to look through everybodys indivdual blogs to see how we did them?

My curved piece of ply, G5? went straight into the bin.....

I did my fairings around 30/10/2014 Here

0439 (large).jpg

Cheers

Danny

Hi Barry.

Danny's right, I only did a wing blog compilation.

I did do an early Chip Shop thread compilation. Maybe there was something in there?

Fuse build compilation eh Danny? I still remember some of the 'secretary' wisecracks I got after the wing builds one. frown

As I'm about to start the fuse (well, WAS about to start the fuse), I'll have a look-see.