Wot, 4 Training?

Steve Goodwin

Advert

"There is not a bottomless pit according to SWMBO"

Is this guy for real? SWMBO? Wheres the challenge of getting that new shiny model delivered out of sight and explaining it away as "a bargain from one of last year's shows" ? Are you man or mouse Steve? (Me? I prefer cheese any day...)

"Alrite you lot, calm down"

Ooops... we did get carried away didn't we. OK so we recommend a low wing trainer for your OS46FX. (Delivered when SWMBO is at work or the Derbey and Joan club...!)

Oops my secret is out. I think I did it just'cos I could... No videos I'm afraid, but with this setup it trakcks straight and true down that runway - hands off. I can switch it off once airborne but most of the time I forget and it still flies good...

spacewalker_gyro.jpg

Posted by Stevo on 06/04/2014 19:56:30:

"There is not a bottomless pit according to SWMBO"

Is this guy for real? SWMBO? Wheres the challenge of getting that new shiny model delivered out of sight and explaining it away as "a bargain from one of last year's shows" ? Are you man or mouse Steve? (Me? I prefer cheese any day...)

"Alrite you lot, calm down"

Ooops... we did get carried away didn't we. OK so we recommend a low wing trainer for your OS46FX. (Delivered when SWMBO is at work or the Derbey and Joan club...!)

Steveo, this did make me chuckle, nice one, but you see this is the clever bit, SWMBO has broken them daft things ladies use to get straight hair thingy's and they are £100 a pop, so bingo no need to sneak it in, although I have done that on many occasions.

I used a WOT Trainer to pass my 'A' . Does fly well , and is a floater. Take-off's fine, does want to float on landings,but can come in very slow. But that's what you want in a trainer , not barrelling around the sky, you want to use it to pass your 'A' and get more confidence in your flying. Also when you practice deadstick you don't have to rush things as it just wants to keep flying.

The first time i practiced deadstick with it was on my test, so shows how easy the plane made it.

Once i passed my 'A' i then got a WOT4 to practice tail dragger experience, and a Cougar2000, which can loop in tight circles,and rolls quick; but gave me more confidence in aerobatics.

So, I read a review last night which didn't make the Wot shine, the guy was testing it along side the Seagull Boomerang and, OK it is his opinion, the Seagull won hands down for, construction, build quality and flight.

I think I'm going to cancel the whole order and have a think and maybe get some more suggestions. I want this next decision to be the right one. I'm fed up with leaving the flying field with a broken model. angry 2

It's a shame the WOT Trainer is coming out of this badly. I really enjoyed mine and it was my first model of many in my addiction to this hobby. After flying it a lot, I passed it on to another club member - it's the only model I didn't trash in nearly 2 years.

Only down side for me was that it is quite a bit bigger than the WOT 4 and used to be a bit imposing in the air. I built mine in tail dragger, had larger wheels and used OS 46LA.Plenty of power and no problems landing. Very well built too.

From what I'm hearing, WOT 4 ARTF sounds good for you - covers all bases

Edited By Masher on 07/04/2014 08:16:36

Steve, in your original post you said that you were quite comfortable with a high-wing four channel model. If this is true, what's wrong with a WOT 4 ARTF, on low rates with a buddy lead for the first few flights? It will also please the House Dragon as it only costs £80-£90.

Bear in mind however, that the WOT 4,powered by a ball-raced 46 is likely to be pretty quick at WOT.