John's Dawn Flyer...(more likely to be noon flyer)

Advert

df 13 001.jpgdf 13 002.jpgdf 13 003.jpgSlower progress now, work's interferingfrown

Sheeted my boat up, it makes a very sturdy fuzz front, had it all dry fitted on table looks to be straight smiley

Done a bit of sheeting to rear of wing panel and fitted tip, i'm thinking 1/16 ply strip laminates around wing tips.

Have seen some Ali tape I might use for fuzz front, might look good with silver wings and reddish fuzz

I also fancy some exhausts that others have done, i'll steal anybodys ideas me winkdf 13 004.jpg

df 16 005.jpgdf 16 004.jpgdf 16 003.jpgDone a little more to it, been working and flying so I've slowed up on build. Put the upright's into fuzz, when dry I can fit cross braces, also recut wingseat I filled in blush. Cut some liteply discs for wheels then gave a light sand, holes for reducing weight to do once glued together, then bush centres and source something for tyres. I am moving tail skid back to upright behind tailplane leading edge and making it lighter. Glue wing together later, then I can start top deck tomorrow. Masking tape on sheet joints, see if I can avoid staining problem.

John

df 16 002.jpg

gubbins 003.jpggubbins 002.jpgPosties been so I can make some progress nowsmiley

I fitted wrong size captive nuts to fuzz...bolts won't go through mount and not enough on em to drill outsad

Make some out of ali sheet....idiotembarrassed....very surprised at size of motor and esc, only used the small Turnigy ones so. far. Look to be O.K. though, I can get nose finished now then sheet the rest. These motors O.K ?

John

gubbins 005.jpg