Transmitter case @ Maplin

Advert

Within a few minutes I had removed a piece that fits my Tx. Then separated a layer of two squares thick to fill the bottom of the case. I had planned to use impact adhesive but they stuck in so wel I won't bother.

I think the case is really big enough for two trannies. I may use it to store all the other bits for my Hitec stuff and use my other case to take which ever tranny I am using to the field.

Edited By Peter Miller on 09/05/2014 08:49:10

Peter

It seems that not all the foam blocks are the same.

In the case of the block in the case I purchased, the blocks were not square. They were long rectangles from the top of the block to the base of the block, although each pillar was a square in cross section. Not a cube as yours appears to have been.

Soapbox time.

The standard Tx cases that are available are always too small and NOT padded enough for my liking. Extend the sticks a little bit, and they stick into the lid. So, closing the case snug gives the false impression that its held snugly in there, when in reality its jammed against the sticks.

Given that my Tx is over £300, putting up with a crap Tx box is not on.

Like you guys, I went to Maplin, and measured one before I bought it. I machined out the foam for a tight Tx fit, and it holds spare binding plugs, charger and the Phoenix cable. Great job. The one you have pictured here is also my tool case...

A bit of advice - once everything is in place, lay some foam over the top and when you close the lid make sure it gently compresses everything. Nothing rattles around.. job done. Don't make it too tight - the lid will fall apart!!

Edited By Stevo on 10/05/2014 14:59:40

• 3 weeks later...