powered Glider

Bill Worsley

I have flown R/C Helicopters, Raptor 30,50,60, for a few years and would like to have a go at gliding. I have been given an ST Models ASW28, a 2M foam model, and have built a BOT 5 foot span, not covered yet. I have been told the ASW28 is not really a beginners model as it could be too fast. Could anyone suggest a suitable powered glider for a beginner?

Thanks

Bill W.

Advert

+1 for the Easy Glider, but if you've flown heli's for a while i can't see why you wouldn't be OK with the ST ASW 28, just do a few test glides over long grass to get a feel for the trim of the model before applying any power, and don't try and land it like a heli laugh

If you have somebody who could take it up for you and trim it out and give you a go on the sticks all the better.

I'd say the Hobby King Phoenix 2000 would make a nice beginners model, tough as old boots, glides nicely on the slope or the field and is as cheap as chips - you could probably buy two for the price of a kitted out Parkzone or Multiplex. Granted it isn't as nicely made, but for the price its difficult to beat.