Cessna 152 Aerobat

Advert

Thanks for all of your kind words gentlemen, well the Cessna had her maiden this evening and she was a beauties to fly, just two clicks of up elevator and one click of right rudder had her flying straight and level. I did manage to get some video footage of the maiden and will post it on here just as soon as I have edited out the bits that have the awful sound of the designer squealing like a little girl during the flight laugh The only issue I had was the short flight time you get with electric, looks like I will have to invest in a few spare batteries for future flights.

I think it is safe to say that I am a happy bunny smile d

Richie

• 1 year later...
Posted by Percy Verance on 31/03/2016 14:05:27:

Very nice Richie

This is very definately my sort of model..........

Thanks Percy. the original Cessna kit was foam decks and wing but a difference of opinion with the company supplying me with the foam blanks, forced me to redesigns the kit as an all built-up kit with no foam in sight lol

more photos will be added as the build continues.

Cheers

Richie

Nice, Richie, I quite fancy one of these, I learned to fly on 152s. Lovely little aeroplane, not the most exciting, even the Aerobat, but probably the best trainer ever. What span is it and approx AUW, I'm thinking an electric version. Have you any idea when the kits might be available? I'm in the wood is better than foam camp as well.

David

Posted by David Holland 2 on 31/03/2016 20:40:21:

Nice, Richie, I quite fancy one of these, I learned to fly on 152s. Lovely little aeroplane, not the most exciting, even the Aerobat, but probably the best trainer ever. What span is it and approx AUW, I'm thinking an electric version. Have you any idea when the kits might be available? I'm in the wood is better than foam camp as well.

David

Hi David, yes I think we all had a few hours in the 152 happy days.

The wing span is 68" the original foam decks/wing kit came out at 2.8kg (6.2lbs) so I'm looking at shaving a little off this with the all built-up kit. this kit is electric powered simply because it looks better without a glow engine exhaust sticking out the cowl. I have scheduled the release of the Cessna kit for mid July, however, it is going together a treat so I might bring that date forward if all goes well.

Everyone I speak to these days, say the prefer all wood kits, which is fine by me as I never intend to do another foam kit. I don't mind using foam for testing out a new wing design, only because it is quick but all of my kits from now will be wood.

Cheers

Richie

The build is progressing nicely. that's the fuselage finished and ready for sanding to achieve those distinctive Cessna curves. I am really happy with the way it has all gone together, its a shame this fuzz will not fly as it is to be used to make the mouldings for the front and rear cabin glazing vac-forming plug. Never mind there is another set of parts sitting on my bench which will be used to build the flying prototype lol.

I have started building the wings and will add some more pic's soon.

Richie