gas engines

Andy Muckley

Hi guys can anyone tell me why my JC evo 30cc gas engine won't pull any fuel through? It used to run ok but after leaving it for around four months it won't run.

If i prime it with a bit of fuel by squirting it in the carb it will just burn off the prime and nothing else, it's just not pulling fuel from the tank as i can see it's not going down the feed tube to the carb so it's just not going to happen.

Please help as this engine has only just about run in, it's just been standing for a few months and put into another model

Hi Kevin ,Icon and Cymaz have soaked the carb as kevin suggested anb checked for muck on the fine mesh filter and the diaphragm is fine and not sticking, iv'e put it back together and guess what? yep still the same, so i think it's tank out time and check the clunk as Icon suggested.

Will keep you all posted and thanks again guys,now it's off to work, bugger.

I wonder if the clunk feed pipe has gone stiff and not reaching the fuel. Or fallen off completely. I would totally remove the tank and take the stopper off. Then you can clean the tank of any dirt that is floating around. Good move yes

I try and be very careful about crud ingress but it still happens - and I don't know how crying

I also bought a float  needle valve height gauge when I took mine to bits. Even though it was a new carb the float needle was ever so slightly out.

Edited By cymaz on 03/06/2014 18:02:58

Hi all ,will try all your'e suggestions and thank's again for all your'e help. Just one thing though the tank tube outlet to the carb is around 12/15mm below the inlet to the carb, but i'm sure it does'nt matter about tank to carb orientation, or am i wrong?

Thank's John will get some carb cleaner, did you get it from an auto shop or do you need special model carb cleaner?

Will let you all know how i get on thank's guy's

Posted by Andy Muckley on 03/06/2014 23:17:09:

Hi all ,will try all your'e suggestions and thank's again for all your'e help. Just one thing though the tank tube outlet to the carb is around 12/15mm below the inlet to the carb, but i'm sure it does'nt matter about tank to carb orientation, or am i wrong?

Thank's John will get some carb cleaner, did you get it from an auto shop or do you need special model carb cleaner?

Will let you all know how i get on thank's guy's

My carb is about the same as yours. There is no problem getting the fuel up.

Hi Guys have checked the tank and clunk and was fine but cleaned the tank out anyway, i also cleaned the carb with the carb cleaner too i sprayed the mesh and inlets/outlets and needles and inspected the diaphragm again and all was well there too i did it on a piece of white paper to see any muck and dirt that may have been dislodged but i couldn't see anything significant at all, so put it all back together and tried again.

Hey! presto! i put the choke on, a few seconds of full throttle with ignition off with the starter , then throttle to idle ignition on and BANG! it fired up like a good un just had to tune the top end and adjust the idle trim.

Thanks again guys i can't say what was the fault, it must have been a combination of all the things you told me to do and i can't thank you all enough. Bloody engines ehh!