Why am i Chipping in ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just doing my wing fairing bit now and am trying incorporate the same thing. I've shaped / sanded the hardwood block to angle back about 8 degrees, I think it will be enough. Not done the fus yet though so am doing it a bit blind. I am assuming I can fit the mating plate in the fus to suit the wing as I build it, looks like that's how you have done it. Good timing.
Nev.

Nice one John, looks like it's going to workout well. That must be most of the big stuff done now, you should soon be able to crack on with the rivets.

I'm not flagging, just a bit slower than most. It has its advantages though, you ca see how everybody else have done it first.

Nev.

I think thats how it should be too. It just looks curved from certain angles.

Yours looks very straight though, looking from the tail is the top bit of sheet curved in the same way as the bottom, that would make it look curved.

Rubbish drawing but this is what i was trying to say.

dscf1450.jpg

The curve of fuselage to wing filet, continuing into the fairing will make it "look" as if the rear edge has a curve and not just a straight 45 deg angle

still not making sense, sorry. but when you get it sanded into a nice curved filet i think it will look the part.