selling up

Dave Taylor 2

That is bigger than any carp I have caught. However I caught a 28,1/2 LB pike on my second pike fishing trip and have caught a 9,1/2 lb sea trout . Both fish were caught years ago, the first was illustrated in the Angling Times and the second won me a runner-up prize in a Mepps spinner photograph competition. The prize was two boxes of Mepps Aglia Long spinners which I still have after 48 years, however I caught my last sea trout about 22 years ago it weighed just over 6 lbs.

I spotted some large Rudd today in the lake surrounding Scotney Castle in Kent.

Excellent roach those Pete, I did catch a 2lb Roach on a spinner meant for a Sea Trout and was very disappointed that it was not the latter. I was expecting a hell of a fight on the line but the roach just flopped over a small weir and gave up in no time. My longest fight with a Sea Trout lasted 1/2 an hour, but my friend dropped the fish off the frame of the net and it got away. It took me two weeks to get over it and I bought the biggest net available in the local tackle shop. I landed an 8,1/2 lb Sea Trout with the net the following week for another angler. The fish took a bunch of maggots which was most odd as Sea Trout do not feed like Salmon when they run up rivers.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 05/06/2014 23:55:49

There is no beating that one John other than hooking something like a Hereford Bull ! I have landed a fully grown Cygnet caught on a spinner and a bat on a fly. Friends have hooked ducks, but the funniest concerned a mate of mine who thought he had caught a Sea Trout in a fast flowing stretch of river. After a short fight he landed a pair of falsies (!) and before I could suggest we hang them in the fishing society's hut he kicked them back in the water in disgust!---I don't think that beats the cow story but close!

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 06/06/2014 16:41:12

Posted by john stones 1 on 05/06/2014 23:15:44:

This is a modelling forum ladssurprise

Best I've had is a Barbel at 9 1/4 lb, 22 hook 1lb hooklength.teeth 2

Happy days John

............................................................................................

yes your right JS......try to stay on topic tim......mod's keep him right etc.... teeth 2

ken Anderson ne..1 ...... forum watch dept.....

And how exactly did I "pick at" you Dave? - I was merely asking the genuine question as to whether the term was course or coarse fishing. If I were being pedantic, then I would have "picked at you" for spelling persue as perdue, or the incorrect positioning of the full stop and comma.

I often see both spellings of this branch of Angling, and personally thought that it was coarse - and wrongly assumed that someone like yourself - who is obviously experienced at the sport - may actually know.

As the forum is indeed a modelling forum, and this thread is entitled E-Bay watchers - not chit chat, I suggest that all but the opening post were pretty far off topic, not just me.

Anyway.... lighten up chaps, life's too short smile