Chipmunk picture resources

Kevin Fairgrieve

I know that Danny is hopping to do a full "walkaround" set of pictures, but for now here are a few to be getting on with.

I was at Cosford Airshow last week, and was able to take a number of pictures of guess what?

Chipmunks.

Here are a few tasters in low resolution.

portuguese chipmunk (1).jpg

portuguese chipmunk (6).jpg

portuguese chipmunk (40).jpg

portuguese chipmunk (23).jpg

portuguese chipmunk (24).jpg

The rest of the low resolution pictures are here.

Portuguese Chipmunk.

If you want the full fat jpeg images then please PM me and I will provide you with a link to the ZIP file containing the rest.

For this particular aircraft that is 41 images. 243mb in size.

More aircraft to follow soon.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 09/06/2014 20:51:09

Great pics Kev, well done for posting them. I will arrange to get behind the rope on the Cosford Chippy but haven't yet, many other things going on and we have until October

Why are all the nav lights the same as the Hurricane wish I had moulded them now crying 2

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 11/06/2014 16:36:57

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys; these are certainly nice shots with lots of detail. The Portuguese chippy used to have the registration G-BARS (Romeo Sierra). This chipmunk used to be one of two at Hawker Siddeley Aviation Chester flying club. I had several lessons in Romeo Sierra and am looking for photos in order to duplicate the colour scheme on a 1/4 scale model. Does anyone have any photos? A search of the web has revealed a few bad photos that I can work with but better photos would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening

Mark Winstanley.

Edited By Mark Winstanley on 26/08/2014 21:33:26

• 4 weeks later...

I'd heard of Cosford but never paid too much attention being down here in Cornwall. Imagine my delight when I was on holiday last week in Bridgnorth and found that it was only up the road!

It was a bonus to find that it was free (well, aside from the car parking and had-to-do donation. Shame that I picked the one day in probably five years when the catering facilities were closed because they were changing caterers. I really could have done with a refuelling session half way through so didn't give the second half the attention it deserved.sad

Still I did get to the Chippie.and took a few photos.

img_0504.jpg

img_0529.jpg

img_0549.jpg

img_0560.jpg

img_0562.jpg

img_0567.jpg

img_0568.jpg

Hi-res ones available in a zip file if anyone wants them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...