Be careful out there

Fatscoleymo

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Hi Guys - an update on Pascal.

He has now been brought out of the coma and managed to sit up for 3 hours a few days ago. His condition is satisfactory. He also has 3 cervical vertebrae fractures. It is hoped he will be transferred to a hospital nearer his home in the next week or two. So reasonably good news at the moment, but long term we don't know.

I at last managed to talk with one of the British lads who was at the site and witnessed the accident. He saw Pascals plane fly away from the 'combat zone' for a few seconds, then return, then fly in front of the pilots at low level where it went to full power vertically and then immediately turned 180 degrees into adive and impacted Pascals head. He appeared to be looking at the other aircraft at the time.

His hard hat was completely broken (a large piece broken off) at the point of impact. The engine was embedded in his scull up to the crankcase. Sorry to be so graphic, but I think we all need to know just how easily things can go wrong big time.

The thoughts are that Pascal may have been 'flying the wrong model' . They all had coloured streamers, but one had black and another darkish blue, which may have caused a mix up. I'm not sure we'll ever get to the bottom of it. Lesson to be learnt there.

I'll say again - BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, and maybe the next time you see a potential safety issue, or something that could be improved, say or do something - it just might save a very serious accident.

We all want to have fun in our hobby, but at the moment (and perhaps for along time to come) it's not much fun for Pascal or his family.

Steve

Some encouraging news there but I imagine Pascal's recovery will be a long, slow process, Steve. Thanks for the update.

Did anything constructive come out of the meeting at the patch you mentioned earlier in the thread?

Please pass on the forum's best wishes and hopes for a quick and complete recoverythumbs up

Pete