Futaba 35MHz fp-r7h receivers?

JACK

Posted by gangster on 19/03/2017 08:37:22:

Paul. No you won't compromise anything using a single conversion receiver. Most but by no means all ppm receivers are compatable with other transmitters Futaba transmitters work equally well with dual conversion or single conversion receivers. The transmitter needs the same crystal for either . There is no advantage on our 35 frequencies in using a dual conversion receiver over a single conversion both have equal range and equal selectivity and equal interference rejection. The pair of crystals do not need to be of the same manufacturer but must be the correct make for the equipment they are plugged into i.e. If you are using a JR receiver with a Futaba transmitter the transmitter must have a Futaba crystal and the RX needs a JR crystal. Beware of Sanwa they were all over the place with crystals . P C M is a whole new ball game and required the correct specific receiver not only for make but also for different protocols within the same make I believe Futaba used at least 3 different systems and JR two.

With regards Futaba they were pretty standard in their crystals i.e. a 35 MHz tx crystal fits all Futaba transmitters and the receive crystals were simply a choice between single and double conversions also Futaba receive crystals were the standard for some other non mainstream receivers but of course you need to know which ones. And finally range test every time you go flying

Many thanks for the concise reply, it gives me plenty of options as I have some good 4 channel Futaba single receivers which I can use in my basic models (most of them ) and the dual receivers I'm collecting can go into anything else. The ideal thing is to get a TX crystal that is easiest to find receiver crystals for in both single and dual types.

Looking forward to trying the dual rate and expo features, which I've never had before.

Posted by Percy Verance on 19/03/2017 09:58:53:

Mike Ridley will repair it at very reasonable cost. He's at www.modelradioworkshop.co.uk

Oh, and Mike used to work for Ripmax servicing and repairing Futaba radios........

Sorry guys, maybe I should have started a new thread rather than resurrecting one that is several years old.

Posted by Percy Verance on 19/03/2017 10:46:36:

Not quite Paul. Rate switches do exactly what you describe Paul, but Expo is different in that it can alter the ratio of response ie: it doesn't remain linear like with rates, while still retaining full control deflections. With low rate switched in, you lose some control deflection, assuming you set it up that way.

On most of my models I now use 25 to 30% expo on all flying controls, and tend not to bother with rates at all.

Edited By Percy Verance on 19/03/2017 10:51:41

Yes indeedy, what I really meant was that both help to decrease the sensitivity of the moving surfaces relative to stick travel, they do work in different ways and I'm looking forward to trying the expo. The only alternative previously was to alter the positions of the linkages to change the movement ratios on my old proportional radios.

Posted by Percy Verance on 19/03/2017 20:14:47:

Steady on Paul, some of us may be bordering on codger territory, but most of us can still fold road maps up ok and get the tops off jam jars........ wink

Not only can some of us remember escapements Paul, we sometimes used them!

Hmm, I sometimes have to turn the jars upside down and bang them on the work top to loosen them these days!

We used to make our own escapements, even wound the coils :0

Posted by Percy Verance on 19/03/2017 20:14:47:

Steady on Paul, some of us may be bordering on codger territory, but most of us can still fold road maps up ok and get the tops off jam jars........ wink

Not only can some of us remember escapements Paul, we sometimes used them!

Hmm, I sometimes have to turn the jars upside down and bang them on the work top to loosen them these days!

We used to make our own escapements, even wound the coils yes

Edited By Paul james 8 on 19/03/2017 21:58:56

The dual conversion has a fixed, inbuilt crystal in the receiver and a changeable second crystal to change channels

Single conversion receivers have just one crystal which you change to change channels.

You can't use single channel crystals in a dual channel receiver (I've tried it )

The Futaba dual channel receiver crystals can be recognised by an orange tag, the singles are all white.

The Transmitter crystals are the same for both types of receiver.

You can't use a transmitter crystal in a receiver of either type.

Having more than one channel available on the 35 mhz range allows people to use a number of models at the same time.

This isn't a problem with the newer 2.4ghz equipment as they seem to sort themselves out, not too sure how that works.

Posted by onetenor on 19/03/2017 23:20:06:

Now I What is meant by single and dual conversion.I thought that as long as crystals matched it was simoly plug ans play so to speak /Why do we need them ? Simple words please I'm Phick

Whoops, my previous reply didn't take into account that your post was pure sarcasm LOL