Advice on Trainer

Advert

Iain. It looks like your post got "lost". Firstly welcome to the Forum. It is a goldmine of information.

There is another recent thread called Best Trainer for Total Beginner? Just click on More Latest Posts on the homepage and scroll down. Here you will find the post with probably many of your questions answered and links to even more information. If I could do links I would send you straight there!

In fact as I type it has moved to the homepage. Good luck

Going solo or with a tutor?

As you already can twiddle a stick you might like to consider a Wot4 foam-e, but only if you have a tutor, not a "try it alone" plane. I've got a friend doing well with mine but he does have model car and previous "12 inches to the foot scale" experience.

Shaunie.

Bit of a trek to Kent then!

Hopefully someone near to you will drop in on the forum.

Powered glider style for you then, but don't forget the Wottie, you really can take dreadful liberties and get away with it, yet it will prop hang too! Its only downside for beginners is it is quite slippery and gains speed really easily if the nose is down, especially with the throttle open. I'm a big fan, you may have guessed!

Shaunie.

Posted by Iain Marshall on 11/07/2014 23:10:40:

I am in Oban, Argyll, W.Scotland.

I am sure there are other flyers, just nothing organised as far as i know.

Cheers

Nearest I can see is a mention of a club at Fort William, but also comments that the club may not exist any more. I'm sure though even if the club no longer exists its members probably still do! Look out for 'flytilbroke' on this forum. He is somewhere near Fort William and may be able to provide some local info.

• 5 months later...

Quick update.

HH sent me a brand new DX6i Tx (a dsmx one no less!), which was very decent of them.

I bought an E-Flite Apprentice with SAFE and so far I have about 10 flights on it and no crashes (touch wood). If only the weather would cooperate and let me get out and fly some more.

I can use Inter mode ok now and have never used the panic switch. I can fly around in Expert on the sim so that is the next step IRL. Would like to get a Parkzone Mossy next but Santa is bringing a Blade Nano cpx so that should be fun.

Apprentice is great for beginners, practically flies itself if you want, recommend it.

Iain