Y leads/bullet connectors

ericrw

Advert

It is tricky - especially in heavy gauge wire - to get a neat result. I find the best plan is to make the joint in "mid-cable" run as it were, well away from the connectors. Its easier to get a neater result there.

Having said that I'm sure I have seen Y-powerleads - maybe not with bullet connector on, but you could always change the connector. I'll have a look around and if I find any I'll post back here Eric.

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/07/2014 20:53:01:

No, I'd have felt it if I was. wink 2

BEB

I would refer you to page 10 of 'Biggles goes to school'

Back on topic, one of the suppliers here in NZ lists Y leads with bullits so they must be available although he is showing no stock at the moment, right when I could use 2

Edited By Brian Wilson 2 on 27/07/2014 22:34:28

Edited By Brian Wilson 2 on 27/07/2014 22:35:18

Making your own leads is the best option as you can choose the size of cable & the length needed. Quality control is also better with home made. BEB recommends soldering in the middle & I am adding my tip which is to bind the cables to be soldered together with 5A fuse wire, this makes for a very neat job as the cables cannot move. Don't forget to put your heat shrink on firstwink

Posted by Brian Wilson 2 on 27/07/2014 22:28:35:
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/07/2014 20:53:01:

No, I'd have felt it if I was. wink 2

BEB

I would refer you to page 10 of 'Biggles goes to school'

Back on topic, one of the suppliers here in NZ lists Y leads with bullits so they must be available although he is showing no stock at the moment, right when I could use 2

Edited By Brian Wilson 2 on 27/07/2014 22:34:28

Edited By Brian Wilson 2 on 27/07/2014 22:35:18

I'm with Mark Twain on this one - "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". It was just artistic licence on the part of Capt Johns.

BEB

I like the idea of putting fuse wire around the joint as that is the only aspect that would be different to what I already do !! Though following BEB`s link, I will get one of those and give it a try !! Thanks to all who responded. Eric.