2.4G Systems

This is not a "what is best" post, only I am looking at a new TX and really don't know what to go for.I have been using Spektrum up till know and the radio in that range would be the dx9.Which I don't like the look and feel of.I do not have loads of kit so changing to a new system is not a prob,I can keep my old spek radio for the few bnf models I have.The thing is I like the hitec aurorax9 and the new graupner radios, 18/24.

Even going to the spek dx9 the system as been upgraded to dmsx over my dms2 model.

Given I fly at a average to small club would I be save in buying any of the well know brands in the 2.4g range. I presume the interference possibilities of 35mz have gone,which is my main thought.things like model match etc is not a real concern,just signal /sytem quality.spec wise all the comp radios will suit my needs.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great

Advert

2.4 does eliminate the possibility of someone switching on the same channel and shooting you down, but please remember it is less tolerant of a poor installation. Aerials must me mounted where they cannot be masked by large metal objects, batteries etc and as far from wiring and control cable runs as is practical. 2.4 is not infallible!

Back to your question - my choice would be an FrSky Taranis, reasons being that it's cheaper than some bigger brand systems with X8R receivers around £25, gives 60 model memories plus easy backup/restore to SD card, has very flexible mixing, reasonably good telemetry facilities and is proving a very resilient link. Being able to play with setups on the PC using Companion-9X can be useful too.

Otherwise I would suggest going for whichever brand is popular local to you as a local knowledge pool is always useful.

I must admit the Graupner systems look good so far for a more conventional approach to programming.

I do like the loo and feel of the hitec aurora but the only draw back is no vocal tele.i kknow its gimi but I like the ide Of not having to look down for voltages.i really like the look of the graupner hott 18 or 24 but only seen vids so for.no shops have them which I go to.been told soon.