Where to buy fuel

Barrie Dav 2

Advert

Barrie, I use Optifuel on line for ordering glow fuel, but once again the make it worthwhile they are to bought in fours. They are pretty reliable as long as you plan ahead to order. Not the cheapest but when the list of suppliers are getting shorter…… That said I am using less and less now as half my squadron are now gassers.

In the past I've usually picked up a few gallons of Southern Modelcraft fuel at the shows I go to. I've also used Optifuel fuel for the heli. (For some reason I could never get my 30-sized heli motors to run properly on anything other than "proper" heli fuel, like Magnum or Optifuel) Optifuel I'd either pick up at shows, or if I happened to be heading up or down the M1 during shop hours I'd stop off at Fast Lad in Barnsley to buy a case.

Recently I've flown very little i/c (mostly electric) so haven't had to buy any fuel for a while.

Thank you for the replies and advice gentlemen. 4 gallons is rather more than I need as I fly I.C., electric and gliders and I'd not use that amount of fuel in 3/4 years so I'll try and combine my order with a couple of other flyers if I can find someone who needs fuel. Not having had need of fuel for a number of years I've been surprised by how few people sell the stuff now - not to mention the price........

Posted by Stevo on 10/08/2014 14:50:17:

I've run out and was about to go to LMS!

But when I looked at the prices at Weston it didn't save me much at all. Thought I was on to a winner.. Maybe if I ordered 4 gallons, but that would leave so much sitting around for a few years.

you need to fly more then mate i order about three times a year from weston, and its always for 4 gallons, not to mention my trips to crown oils for Kerro, very big saving on shop bought stuff and excellent service