can not buddy two 6ex

michael cawood

anybody help, I have a 6ex 2.4ghz I bought in 2009 I think. never had a problem with it. this year I bought a second one as I had run out of model memories.

I wanted to teach my grandson to fly so I bought a buddy lead from an internet site. plugging it in and trying it in every combination produced no results. slave tx In either configuration would not turn on.

at elvington on Saturday I bit the bullet and bought a genuine futaba buddy lead.

plugging in the slave turned on.but the plane would only work from the master. the trainer switch would not change the tx. tried both ways.

stripped both tx s checked plug wiring ok, checked both trainer switches working ok with meter, tried again still nothing. master tx controls, no transfer to slave. run out of ideas any one with a new perspective ?

Advert

A few years back our club bought some new Futaba 2.4 6EXs and found they wouldn't buddy together, did exactly what you say. They were returned to Ripmax and found to be faulty, we got them replaced, but unless you tried to use the Tx as the buddy you'd never know. There may still be a few of these sets out there.

Posted by michael cawood on 10/08/2014 18:58:24:

I have never changed any settings apart from model parameters since I have had either tx. in fact I would not know how to set ppm.

Thought so... ppm is mentioned in the instructions for buddying 2 6EXs.

It does imply that it only needs doing if the Tx has this capability. If yours are 2.4Ghz ones, then they probably don't have this option. Does anyone know for sure?

See page 33 of the manual.

Michael, I have a 6EX 2.4 and have buddied, me as the slave, with a 6EX 35MHz, so it does work on mine, which dates from 2009.

Have you switched on trainer mode? See page 15 of the manual (see Chris's post above)

If you can't get that to work, I have been using, successfully, one of these:

**LINK**

Beauty of this is that the slave and master tx's can be of any make, mode or frequency system. They're very easy to setup and there is no delay on switching between master to slave or vice versa. And as I use the gear switch to pass control to the slave there's no endless holding onto a trainer switch while the slave is active.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards GDB

RTFM means Read The Futaba Manual?

If you do read the manual ( its online too) you will find it says that any Futaba Tx with the rectangular plug can be used for training. That means an old 35mhz Futaba with rectangular plug can be used to buddy with a 2.4ghz.

• 1 month later...