FPV Spanky Burrator Bedlam

Advert

Hui James, are you by any chance flying on Cannock Chase near Stafford. Just curious. The area seems familiar. it's a cracking piece of film and you had me cringing a couple of times, when the trees seemed scaringly close. Please post some more when you have time. I love them.

@Handyman Glad you had a fly along with me. This location is near Burrator Reservoir (seen at 1min:15sec), Yelverton, Devon. I had never been to this location before and I couldn't stop grinning when I saw the woods, I just wish it was better weather for the day.

@Stu Knowles thank you for your comments, it was great fun chasing another plane and quad in the air for a change.

Smashing video James. The standard of filming and flying is fantastic.

But, secretly I was just a little bit pleased to see the final collision with the bush - it proves you are human afterall and you can - very occasionally - get it wrong just like the rest of us! wink 2 I was beginning to wonder!

BEB

@Frank Skilbeck I use the bottom camera (Sony PZ0420) for my live video feed to the goggles. The top camera (Mobius wide angle lens) is used for recording the flight which is what you see in the video above. The reason I use 2 is that there is lag (<1sec) if only using the Mobius for the live feed and the Sony also handles low light a lot better and is lightning quick to adjust.

@BEB Glad you liked the video and flights. I think the crashes have to be added every so often just to show how fast some stuff can just appear in the goggles, the good thing with the Spanky (most mini quads) is you just flip them back over and carry on If your not crashing then your not flying enough.

In these flights I am using an unusual setup of 5x3 2 blade 3k carbon props at the front and 5x3 3 blade Gemfan props on the back, it gives that little bit more torque at the back for shifting forward and is a nice stable fly. The reason its like that is because I ran out of the 3k carbon ones as I am waiting for delivery

Edited By James JAB on 28/08/2014 23:39:09