BAE Hawk - Skyways Models

Peter Garsden

Repairs going quite well. Tailplane on, canopy glued but canopy glue not really good enough. Don't want to use superglue because it will leave a bad smear.

I am debating what glue to use to put the fuselage back together. Aliphatic resin, or PVA would be OK, but I am concerned about gaps and am going to try gorilla glue which expands when it dries. Already used it to glue on the jets which seemed OK. I decided that epoxy would be OK but would be too thick to cover properly, and I would use loads.

What think you chaps? Just to remind you what the halves look like.

dsc_0049.jpg

Oh and good news. The missing side of the receiver was stil attached to the velcro in the fuselage. It just clicked back into position and works fine.

Still don't know why it switched off. I think it was because the scale wire did not quite switch on the switch properly. That is because it is a simple 90 degree bend so i am going to glue on a washer or I may move it all together

Also good news. I had a spare piece of perspex and used the old one as a template but cut it better to fit. It had a covering top and bottom, so I could keep the top on and could see through to trim better than the original one which only had a film on the bottom, so got damaged and scratched.

Also used the recommended glue - clear bostick contact which worked a treat and held the tightly curved screen fine.

img_20150114_203612.jpg

Edited By Peter Garsden on 14/01/2015 21:24:44

• 2 years later...

Am thinking of selling this, just because I never seem to get round to flying it, and my model store is full, so I need the space. Any takers before I put it on Ebay? It would come with all servos but no receiver. I have all the paperwork etc. Would be collection only and I am in Macclesfield