RCM&E 2014 Special

Eamonn Fahey

I deny it - strenuously!

Ever read Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde,.....wink 2

BEB

PS Thanks EssJay - but did you spot the "deliberate error"? CO2 sensor captioned as a methane sensor - my fault! embarrassed In my defence, they do look almost identical!

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/09/2014 22:23:16

The heading for this all over this site says "in the shops". Period.

Well, it isn't where I am, I wasted time yesterday going to five places. (and not for the first time!).

And I'm currently urban London!

I cannot subscribe since I move around a lot and it'd be no use sitting at "home" for ages when I'm many miles away, and the digital issue is no use to me.

Because of the way the mag is output I missed an issue recently, it just never appeared in any shop I could get to, went from August straight to October.

Thank you David,

I would say no, as, if I have well understood, it is just to read the articles, and just on iphone, ipad or android devices. I want to have a printed copy, to have the atom and vulcan plans, both models are of my interest.

I have found a local news stand selling RCM&E they said me that it is possible that they receive the special number next week.... will see.

Still waiting for my issue to arrive, seems that for the last 4 or 5 issues they have been later each time.

Used to arrive in my mail box at the same time as they hit the newsstands in the UK, now the last one was 3 weeks after. Must be put on a Bristol Freighter instead of a Jet? Oh well I suppose it will be worth the wait.

Hi David,

Got to admit it is without doubt the best special yet. TNs Avro Vulcan being the highlight of course the only disappointment I would say has to be was the lack of build photos for the Vulcan with the mag itself and no full size history write up and photos as with previous specials,but I could put that down to time and space constraints.Other than that though a real top job yes

Hi Steve, thanks, glad you liked it.

I did think about a Vulcan history piece but it's such a well-known aeroplane and has been covered so extensively in the past that I wondered if there was anything new for anyone to write about it.

Not only that but we've run a feature on Cyril Carr's Vulcan models a few months ago and Cyril himself (who flew Vulcans with the RAF) wrote a very interesting article in the February 2014 issue describing what it was really like to fly the beast. That's well worth a read.

I have a question regarding Danny Fenton's rivetting (excuse the pun)article on scale detail.

Danny, you talk about 'canopy glue'. I tried to buy some canopy glue some time ago from my LMS, assuming it would be good for sticking my canopy on my Acrowot. But they did not know what I meant by canopy glue. So, can you give me a steer to what 'canopy glue' you mean, and can you recommend something specific?

With thanks in anticipation.

Tim