Greenacres 2015 Mass launch Radjet

Next year for one of the 2015 greenacres shows we want to get as many radjets in the air at one time for some combat fun. If each and every one were hand launched at once they would be out of battery by the time we are all up. So my point is could we create some sort of launching ramp that could maybe do 5 at a time , so far we have about 12 they are only £40 all in from Hobbyking all you need is an rx & tx if you have one bring it along it should be fun. If you could help me create a launch ramp of some sort it would be a great help.smiley

Advert

Morgan I think this is a great idea. Mind you, there may be 12 in the club right now, but it's a long time to the event, there may be fewer by then

Plenty of time for me to get one though and join you. thumbs up They would suit putting lights on too teeth 2

5 off a ramp together would be a great laugh. I'm not sure if a ramp could be reloaded with 5 more, much quicker than hand launching, but it sounds like a great project to try.

PS - just wondering, should there be a limit on numbers in the air at one time? Something to discuss I guess.

Chris / Morgan,

Mark I launch ramp currently under construction!

Using 1" wide rectanglar section electrical trunking as two "rails"...

I reckon the servo horns / flap horns will run in those with their control pushrods so you don't get any twisting on power up...?!

I need to know the exact distance between the servo HORNS in millimetres....

Anyone?

Cheers!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 16/09/2014 19:17:49

I was imagining that the "launcher" would be on the flightline facing straight across the field, away from the flightline not along the strip.

Five launch, those pilots get control(?!) and move aside while we load five more. Like British riflemen...

Will have a very simple rail launcher ready for the weekend...

PS: That third photo with three in formation is brilliant!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 16/09/2014 19:41:52

Posted by Jim Mchugh on 16/09/2014 19:13:49:

I reckon the servo horns / flap horns will run in those with their control pushrods so you don't get any twisting on power up...?!

I need to know the exact distance between the servo HORNS in millimetres....

Anyone?

Cheers!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 16/09/2014 19:17:49

Mine has a plastic shroud / cover thing over the servo`s so I cant give you the servo horns, but the centre of one cover to the centre of the other is 302 mm, control surface horns are 300 mm centres. At their widest the covers are 16mm so you would need an internal diameter of trunking just a bit bigger

They are great fun models, mines been absolutely ploughed into the ground before and smashed to bits, a bit of hot water and gorilla glue and its back in the air. They are so easy to hand launch by yourself though, full throttle and a decent straight push, why build a launcher when each pilot can just throw their own ?

Edited By Codename-John on 16/09/2014 21:30:47

A word of advice Morgan, the CoG location in the manual was wrong when I put mine together, it was way nose heavy, it should really balance with your finger tips in the middle of the finger holds underneath

1342467208273.jpg

I cut the top off along the diagonal lines you can see either side of the opening and dug some foam out from inside to get the battery (1300 3s) back to as shown in the pic and it balances ok

Morgan, et al.

OK I have good measurements for the RadJet ramp.

Servo horn centres are 300mm and aileron horn centres are 302mm.

GMAC RadJet 800 Launch Ramp Mark One (Catchy name?! Just rolls off the tongue...) will be ready for testing on Saturday morning.

Let's just hope that some RadJets survive until then...!

Cheers!