Greenacres 2015 Mass launch Radjet

Advert

I eventually managed to set the brake Phil, but there seems to be a vital piece of info missing off the instructions.

This is how I did it: Set the throttle to max, plug up the flight battery, wait for the beeps to finish, set the throttle to about 10% from minimum (not fully back), wait for a confirmation beep, immediately open the throttle to max and disconnect the flight battery. This then stores the setting. thumbs up

The reason I like to set the brake is because during an extended power off dive, or spin, the motor never actually stops rotating and the free fall speed winds up the prop and when power is then needed to recover the ESC can't cope and stalls. Back EMF? I find that I have to close and open the throttle again before normal service is resumed, which can cause an impromtu trouser moment when tumbling towards terra firma at speed! laugh

Thanks again Phil.

Hi Bill it will probably be a general, free for all, i think figure of eight's would be good turning away from the flight line for safety reasons as there would be a need for quick reactions and the odd mid air just to add some excitement , we could always sort something on the week end as it doesn't take long to organize mayhem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...